“Search no more!”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Based on reviews from this site and a good experience with Extended Stay in LA, we chose this property for an almost one-month stay as we needed a centrally located base for business, some leisure, and proximity to some friends and family. Long before check-in, I dealt with the manager, Vanessa, a friendly professional whose business acumen made my decision to come here an easy one. The hotel-I guess you can call it a hotel-is ideally located off the 78 and the 5, near the vibrant downtown area of Oceanside. The place is clean, with updated appliances, decent beds, good water pressure, flat screen TV, laundry facilities and continental breakfast in the mornings. If anything needs adjustment, or if you need an extra towel, it happens right away with a smile. And most likely that smile will come from Angelica, who goes out of her way to do everything she can to make your stay enjoyable and positive. She is courteous, reliable, friendly and a true ambassador for the brand. Great accommodations in an industry where that's not always common.

Room Tip: If like me you are allergic to cigarette smoke, stay away from the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a nice hotel with a kitchen which was nice to have when travelling on a budget and with a baby. It was clean and the breakfast always had nice muffins, oatmeal, granola bars and fruit. Staff were friendly and was in a quiet part of town. General upkeep was good in the lobby and elevators.
We were put right next to the elevator on Memorial Weekend so there was some traffic noise from people coming and going. The reason I left out a star was because the beds were very loud and squeaky, which was a problem for us since we have a baby. Otherwise, no issues. I'd stay here again, no problem!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fishheath
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great best for price love the kitchen, amazing customer service nice clean rooms. Always enjoy my stay best smoking hotel. It's hard now days to find a nice hotel smokers can stay in. They are all over the country an for the price you can't beat the deal anywhere. Great for short or long stays.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This trip was just a little get away for some rest and relaxation. I used to manage the front desk of a hotel, so expect good service. The staff at this location was the best I have seen in a long time. The were very friendly and accomadating to any questions or needs. They also offered help, even when not asked for. For the price, the rooms were in line with what you would expect. I have stayed at another Extended Stay hotel and had a horrible experience, but this hotel has made me realize, I would give others a chance now. Kudos to the staff!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As a travel nurse it helps to stay somewhere that makes you feel at home away from home. I stayed at the Extended Stay America, Oceanside, CA for 4 months which is quite a long time and during my stay there it was Awesome. The staff were always friendly and made sure all my needs were taken care of. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. It provided me with all the needs of home like cable TV, free WiFi, kitchen to cook all my meals like at home, and laundry facility. It's also close to everything like dining, entertainment, the beaches and just a short drive to San Diego. It was so convenient for me to get to work just a 5 min drive to the hospital I worked at. I give this Extended Stay a high rating because it certainly deserves it and I would definitely stay again if the need presented again as well as refer to all my travel nurses.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great place to stay and the value is good. Sure the rooms are a bit dated but that is the only down fall I experienced. The room was VERY clean and the staff is super friendly. They truly go out of there way to help you.
I was in town during the recent fires, the hotel embraced MANY evacuees and I witnessed first hand how caring the staff is. They went out of their way to help everyone and make everyone feel welcome!
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Usually my family and I stay at suite-style hotels that have daily maid service, full buffet breakfast, etc., but are twice the cost. This property is so perfect for occasions when you really do not want your room cleaned daily(you can get fresh towels at the front desk any time you like) and for me the breakfast is more than adequate. I felt that to have the full kitchen and a nice clean room it was a great value! The staff was wonderful, too!

Room Tip: Lake view is the way to go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo