“Restful Experience”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Long Beach, California
“Restful Experience”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Mhusband and I are older, so long drives are exhausting, and we are retired, so do not need to rush home. WE spent Christmas with my nephew and his family in San Diego, and choose this hotel for it's location half way home, and it's closeness to the freeway. The desk staff were very accomodationg, and it felt good to just sit back and relax after the stress of the holiday season. The room was large, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast a bonus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Edyth H,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to accommodate you on Christmas Day. I understand how tiring long hours of driving can be. So I was so proud to read how gracious and helpful my team members were in getting you a room so you and your husband could rest.

Take care and I hope the holidays were wonderful for you.

Guest Relations Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I checked in late at night after a long day of working and was warmly greeted. Once I was in my room the front desk phoned to see if everything was to my liking. They also turned on the heat before I arrived as it was a very cold evening which I appreciated. My room was larger than I expected and the hotel had just finished a renovation which was well done. The breakfast was hot and plentiful and the server was very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I look forward to my next visit to Oceanside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Simi, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Slider doesn't lock!, in room Coffee not so good, basically their value at customers cost. bed covers dated, a couple of light bulbs were burned out, on the plus side the black out curtains were effective.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Brigitte,

Thank you for your honest review regarding your recent stay with us. Here at the BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, my team and I strive to exceed all expectation. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to do that for you.

We are constantly updating our hotel to make it better for you and all of our future guests. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future to provide you with superior hospitality.

Thank you again.

Oceanside, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

it's a home away from home. this hotel is very clean, neat, great interior decorating and everything flows to give a feeling of comfort. the staff and manager were very friendly and courteous and the whole atmosphere was relaxing. I will and would recommend staying here on a trip to Oceanside above all other hotels.

Dear Jennifer,

I was incredibly happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I understand that many of our guests become homesick while traveling; which is why we love talking to guests and treating them like family. So it's an honor to know that you consider us a "home away from home" and that you will recommend us to all of your friends and relatives.

And thank you for complimenting our updated look. We just completed a major renovation and I must say, the hotel has never looked better. It makes me excited to come to work every day!

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

air control in room not good. heater did not function properly in our room. Too cold than too hot, did not seem that the termostate worked properly. Bed did not have a warm blanket, just shhet and very thin bedspread.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marquita,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that had difficult with the heating & cooling unit in your room. I'd hate to think that you had such an uncomfortable night because of this. If you had called our Front Desk which is staffed is 24/7, they would have been able to fix the problem for you right away. We also have plenty of extra blankets available should you have requested them. Please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk in the future. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant stay with us!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very nice and well maintained premise with friendly helpful staff.The only disappointment was the gym as the stationery bikes do not work and unable to programme .Good location for getting around on public transport and walkingwhich is a plus for senior travellers who prefer not to have a car in a strange location and for overseas guests .We usually stay at BW that have a shuttle service but we did manage without it this time.

Kent, Washington
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is easy to find and offers good value. The rooms are nothing fancy but the pool is nice and the breakfast was the best we had during our 8 day road trip. There is nothing of interest within walking distance but it is fairly quiet and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear JMG1947,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I'm pleased to read that you found our hotel to be of excellent value and our breakfast to be the best in comparison to the numerous hotels you have stayed at during your exciting road trip.

But I am sorry to hear that you could not find anything interesting to do around the hotel. There are several exciting events taking place in Oceanside every week and even though it might require a short walk to find something to do, Oceanside is definitely worth exploring - especially the downtown area!

Helpful hint: The next time you stay with us, consider checking in on a Thursday as Oceanside hosts a weekly Farmer's Market in the early morning and a Sunset Market later in the evening. The Sunset Market is the highlight of my week and I always try and make an effort to visit. The market features delicious cuisines from countries all over the world, live entertainment, and a wide assortment of crafts and art for you to peruse.

For other fun activities to do, feel free to visit our Front Desk which is staffed 24/7. We would be more than happy to make recommendations for you!

Guest Relations Manger