“Best Western Oceanside”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
“Best Western Oceanside”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very friendly and knowledgable staff, our room was on the second floor facing a quiet street, and it was super clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good, who doesn't love hot waffles, and being a coffee snob, I really liked what they were brewing. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Reynoldson444,

Well it certainly sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us. As a certified coffee lover myself, I can vouch for you. The coffee we serve during breakfast is delicious! Really glad to know you enjoyed it.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon!

Respectfully,

Guest Relations Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Finnish first
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is extremely convenient to the highway and within minutes of Camp Pendleton. The rooms were clean overall but dated. If you get a room on the street side of the building, it is a bit noisy between people walking and the parking lot. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast is the usual fare and kept fresh, however seating is limited.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Kim G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! Our great location next to the I-5 freeway makes it easy for our guests to visit loved ones stationed at Camp Pendleton.

And thank you for complimenting us on the cleanliness of our rooms. We did just complete a major renovation but the team and I are constantly looking for ways to update and improve our guest rooms. But I hope our in-room amenities such as mini-fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and flat-screen TV were to your liking.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hotel was clean, breakfast was good, hot tub was nice. Staff was friendly. It's right off the 5, but was very convenient for our stay. Beach and restaurants were easy to get to if you know the area, just a few minutes away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 471henryb,

It was great to read about the fun time you had in Oceanside. The beach,local shops, and restaurants are just a few of the numerous attractions our rapidly growing beach-town has.

Next time you are in town, stop by the lobby where my Front Desk Agents are more than happy to give their recommendations for local events such as the weekly Farmers Market and Sunset Market and popular sporting events like the infamous Race Across America and IronMan Triathalon 70.3. We want to make sure you take full-advantage of all of the fun activities Oceanside has to offer.

Oceanside
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was a great price, friendly check in and check out. Room was clean and neat. My only complaint was that the sliding glass door was either loosely put into wall or extremely low quality. I thought it was left open after the rom was cleaned as there was such a breeze coming in. I could also hear every word my neighbors said even though it was a casual quiet conversation. The draft coming from the door caused the room temp to be freezing cold at night and the hot air went right outside.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Aleshia Q,

I am so sorry to hear that your sliding door would not close properly thus affecting what could have been a perfect stay with us. I would greatly appreciate it if you send me an email at management@bwofoceanside.com with the number of the room you stayed in so I can get this maintenance issue fixed right away.

Respectfully,

Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights while visiting my brother. The hotel is very clean, comfy beds, great internet. Room also included small fridge, microwave and coffee maker with the fixings. The breakfast had a waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast and coffee, tea and juices. Great breakfast!!! We sat around the pool during the morning. The lobby had nice furniture and a computer for personal use. There is also a fitness room for use. We walked right next door to a Fresh and Easy supermarket for a quick dinner to take back to the room. Maid was very accommodating when asked for an extra blanket and gave us two. Manager called a cab for us upon departure. Very nice hotel and staff. Would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Hello dollmachine,

Thank you for posting a review here on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful mini-family reunion while you were visiting your brother. Our hot complimentary breakfast is definitely our most popular amenity and it's great to know you enjoyed a relaxing breakfast every morning by the pool. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Modesto, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I travel a lot on business so where I stay is important. This place has always been a great value and a great place to stay. A very friendly staff and a very good breakfast. It's the only place I stay in Oceanside.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Frank S.,

The team and I are honored to know that due to the exceptional service and amenities at our hotel, you have deemed us your go-to hotel when you travel to Oceanside for business. We appreciate the comments and look forward to having you stay with us for many more years to come.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent there 10 days. Very clean and quiet. Comfortable bed, new bathroom. Free wi-fi
Grounds well kept. Close to everything, great access to the hwy. I was traveling between San Diego and Los Angeles so great location, just in the middle. For sure I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ksienka,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed 10 day stay with us. Many of our guests choose to stay with us due to our great location between San Diego and LA and our close proximity to the I-5 freeway which allows for easy and convenient travel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!