“great location”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 25 April 2014

very nice hotel... conveniently located to shopping and the freeway... good breakfast... very nice staff... the pool has a dunking chair... free ice!!... wi-fi is available, although i had problems connecting my laptop to the tv...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon C
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear, Jon C.,

Thanks for staying with us and for your kind comments! Many of our guests have noted that we have the best hotel breakfast in Oceanside. And the fact that our breakfast is complimentary doesn't hurt either.

To clarify though, the chairs you noted in your review are not "dunking chairs". Those are actually pool lifts designed to assist guests with a disability with entering the pool. This way, ALL of our guest can enjoy the pool and have a relaxing vacation. :)

As for your laptop, I'm sorry you couldn't connect it with your room's TV. I believe it has something to do with the type of cable you use. I'll do further research into this so that me or one of my team mates can assist you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Oceanside Inn

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The lobby is very nice but the rooms are very outdated, I was sold on a room with a view of pool. More like a side glimpse of the pool. The beds were very tiny. Felt like twin beds for a family of four people. Very loud highway right outside our room as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Regina V
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Regina V,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do see that you booked a room with two full-size beds. I understand that when traveling with family, having some extra leg room is greatly preferred and we do have larger rooms and king beds available. In the future, if you check into your room and are not satisfied, give the Front Desk a quick call and we can quickly begin looking for a new room for you - subject to availability of course.

Thanks for staying with us and I apologize again for not exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

very good for the price and good locationvery good for the price and good locationvery good for the price and good locationvery good for the price and good locationvery good for the price and good location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Allan G.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our hotel offers very affordable prices and it's great to know that you found our hotel to be of great value.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel was not a bad value for the money. The hotel itself was very clean and staff were very accommodating. I stayed for six nights while visiting family in the area. The first two nights, my son stayed in the room with me so we had a room with two double beds. The room was very small, but adequate. After my son left, the desk clerk offered me a free upgrade to a larger room with a kingsize bed and that room was more spacious and comfortable. Internet service and the free breakfast were fine. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. On the downside, this hotel is located right off of I-5 so you can hear traffic at all hours of the night. The hotel is also located in one of the less desirable parts of town - across the street from a trailer park. I felt safe walking in the area during the day, but would not venture to do so at night. The price was not bad, particularly for a hotel in California - I would have preferred if it had been in a nicer part of town. I would recommend it as a clean, friendly hotel for the budget-minded.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna S

Dear Anna S,

First and foremost, thank you for spending a whole week with us. I am glad to know you enjoyed your free upgrade to a king large room. And thank you for the kind words about our friendly staff and easy-access location.

I understand that with our location next to the I-5 which offers convenient travel to major destinations, there is some minor road noise which can be heard. So I apologize that you were unable to get a good night's rest. In the future, please feel free to request a room away from the freeway.

If you ever find yourself back in the area I invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is a short drive away from the beach and down-town shopping. It is easy to find parking close to the pier to go for a walk and and a short drive away from Carlsbad. It is excellent value for this location. It has a nice pool and spa to relax in and it has easy accessible rooms on the ground floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Felix T,

Thank you for your review. It was great to read that you enjoyed spending time at the beach just down the street and that you were also able to go shopping in downtown Oceanside. Our hotel's location offers easy access to all of these popular destinations.

Take care and see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed one night while on my way to San Diego for a business conference. The hotel is located right off the freeway for an easy on/off. The staff was friendly, my room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The noise from the nearby freeway was a little loud, but I got used to it. When I checked out I inadvertently left an item behind in my room. I called to inquire about it 2 days later, but was told that no lost items had been turned in. Really??

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 805hiker
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear 805hiker,

I'm really sorry to hear that we were unable to find your beloved mug. My team and I always try our best to return forgotten items to their rightful owner. So I apologize that we were unable to to locate it when you called us the other day. To make it up to you, we will be more than happy to buy you a new mug! Please email me directly at management@bwofoceanside.com to discuss further details.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great Hotel, I loved my stay here, there's not much to say, just that I was worth what I paid for. Great brekfast and clean rooms. Location is good for what I needed. I didn't get to use the pool, but that's ok.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Arturo A,

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully during your next stay, you'll be able to use the pool. It's one of our most popular amenities!

Guest Relations manager