“Awesome Stay”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Las Vegas, United States
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I couldn't ask for a better place to stay.Entire staff was helpful,friendly,and went the extra mile especially Harry,Rena,and the G M Sapath.The free breakfast was awesome,the room was clean,quiet,and very comfortable.We will definitely stay here every time we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Mark S
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Mark S.,

Wow! Thanks for writing such a stellar review! My team and I strive for excellence and I'm happy that Sarath, Harry, and Rena were able to provide you with such a positive and memorable experience. I will be sure to share your review with them.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Oceanside.

management@bwofoceanside.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
New Laguna, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This property is well managed and safe. Clean property and courteous staff. I-5 was across the street but we had no noticeable traffic noise. We were in the area to visit family. Location was selected to be convenient for family visits, but was also convenient for day trip to the pier/ beach.
We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WarmSands6
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear WarmSands6,

Thank you for your review. My team and I always strive to provide all of our guests with an enjoyable stay. And I am glad to know we are your go-to hotel when you want a convenient location next to the beach when you are visiting family.

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was clean and updated. Pool area is very nice and well maintained. Breakfast was the normal hotel breakfast, coffee was good. Very close and convenient to downtown Oceanside and the Pier. Right off the exit of I-5. Totally enjoyed the stay there and will stay again when in Oceanside.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deb B,

Your review is greatly appreciated. I always enjoy hearing from guests about their stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Oceanside!

Oceanside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

this hotel was pleasurable. No worry concerning Security. clean, the staff polite and helpful. over all great experience i would suggest getting a room near the pool great view the font desk personnel is very polite and accomidating

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear MrLeisure812.,

Thank you for writing such a positive review! I'm glad you found our hotel to be secure and clean and my team members to be helpful. Our pool-view rooms are certainly a great deal: having direct access our courtyard and pool is a great way to relax after a long day.

Happy travels and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Palm Desert, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel often, and review it before. Last time, the breakfast room had been upgraded, enlarged. This time I was given a downstairs room with a king bed. In the past, king beds were only on the second floor. Loved the room, with an easy chair and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Marian S.,

Thank you for taking note of our newest upgrades. I'm certainly glad to hear you enjoyed the king rooms we added to the bottom floor. We are continuously making upgrades to our hotel to ensure an enjoyable stay for all of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Decent location, especially for Legoland vacationers like us... And a short drive to town for local restaurants.

Lobby staff was cheerful and helpful... Harry from Sri Lanka in particular.

Rooms were what you expect for Best Western, but there was a left over towel from the previous guest hanging behind the bathroom door...avoidable with some quality control.

Liquor store and grocery store within 100 feet of property adds to convenience factor. Breakfast was fine and the room well managed, maintained, and clean.

I'd stay here again though I thought the price a bit high... $175... Mid summer prices I guess.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorrin K
Dear Lorrin K.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn during your Legoland vacation. I'm glad you found our Front Desk Agent, Harry, to be of great assistance to you. This is the first time he's been mentioned in a review and I'm sure he'll be ecstatic when I share your comments with him!

I am sorry about the towel that was left in your room. You are correct, something like this should not have happened. But I'll make sure to work with my Housekeeping Supervisor to make sure that this does not happen again.

Summer in Oceanside is very busy to say the least due to our prime location next to Legoland, San Diego, and our beautiful beaches. Due to the demand, prices do rise in the summer but my team and I work hard to ensure that we are offering that best competitive prices to our guests.

Thank you again for your review!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here with family for vacation. The hotel was packed because Comic-Con was being held in San Diego. Even with a packed hotel, the best thing about this hotel was it was very quiet at night, the beds are super comfy and I slept like a rock.
GREAT:
Free wifi
Free breakfast which is actually very good - eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, pastries and the like
Beds firm but not hard, lots of pillows
Close to Oceanside Beach, Carlsbad, San Diego 1/2 hour to 45 minutes away
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a light out in my bathroom and my phone didn't work and they fixed it in FAST. I went to the front desk to complain and the maintenance guy was waiting for me outside my room by the time I got back.
Exercise room (pro that they have one, but con, also because it is not the best)
Fresh & Easy mini supermarket right next door is awesome if you want to pick up a snack and especially if you eat healthy
Very clean grounds, pool and rooms, don't expect fancy, just comfy

NOT SO GREAT:
Fitness room - nice they have this, but a few of the machines did not work. There is only one treadmill and it worked sporadically. The room felt like it had no air conditioning.

Location - across the street is a mobile home park for seniors, on one side is a freeway off ramp and in front of the hotel is a gas station. Not exactly super views no matter which way you look, but no big deal. It's not in a scary neighborhood or anything, it's just not a pretty spot. But the beach is close (5 minutes away by car) so who cares.
Not enough outlets in the rooms- they should upgrade and add plugs in the lamps like some places do. I had a hard time finding places to plug my devices in.

OVERALL:
Very nice stay, perfect for family vacations, great location, close to freeway/beaches and comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast and wifi, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the freeway or the pool because it seems to be quieter. You cannot hear f...