“Good value for money”

Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
JashJaiswal, Manager at Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Clean and spacious rooms. Need to let them know if you need any cleaning or supplied if staying multiple days. They did not indicate this on checkin so you need to be aware.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hi Charles, thank you for your input. We are constantly trying to improve our customer experience, and have made it a note to communicate further with out guests staying multiple days. We are always willing to replace and replenish any items you may require in your room. We do hope to see you again and we will do our best to make your visit an even more pleasant one.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff was friendly enough, but, the room and the rest of the hotel was a fright.
They painted over torn and drooping wallpaper instead of stripping the walls.
The remodeled tub/shower was so poorly installed, the drain lever was not even covering the hole in the tub.
The A/C unit was extremely noisy and the in-room fridge was frozen and needed to be defrosted.
There were blood spots on the carpet and stains on the floors.
PLEASE wear shoes in these rooms, you can feel the grit and oils in the carpet.
There was mold on the ice machine.
I took pictures with my phone but there isn't a way to post them on this site.
The free breakfast area was extremely small and cramped for a hotel with 140 rooms.
$99. a night was a rip-off. One lady stated that she had to pay $149 for the last room.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 July 2014

**I copied and pasted my own review. I was lazy don't judge haha **
Stayed here for the Fourth of July weekend. My husband is training at Camp Pendleton right now, and I happened to get time off to see him last minute. This hotel is super close to Pendleton and it was easily manueverable. I saw the not great reviews and was worried. Of course this isn't the Hyatt, or even a Holiday Inn, but for I was definitely surprised! It really wasn't bad. Yeah, not a 5 or 4 star, and we had an upgraded room so I don't know if that makes a huge difference, but certainly it was better than people said! Room was clean. We had a balcony so my friend could sunbathe away from other people. I really enjoyed the pool and hot tub! The TV was an older Zenith, but if you don't really watch TV like me, it's no biggie. Also, I traveled with my 10 month old. This room was practically perfect! We don't co-sleep anymore, so I brought his pack and play. The room was basically two rooms, and with the semi-walk-in closet, my baby had almost his own little room. Just for that, I'd come again! It's hard to find enough space for baby equipment!! The air conditioner worked fine. The maids came every day and the whole staff was accommodating. ALSO we are from the SF area and we drove it all in one night and showed up at 6:30 AM and check in was at 2. The gentleman told me to call back around 9AM and he'd see what they could do. They let us check in at 2! They didn't have too and it was so nice of them. Of course we paid an extra $15, but man was it worth it!! We needed sleep badly! I had a very pleasant experience. I hope to come back to visit again, and honestly, I may not look for a different hotel first! Thanks for the wonderful experience! PS If you look on Trip Advisor, the manager replies to EVERY comment individually. Even the bad ones! I was impressed with his dedication to customer service!

Room Tip: I got an upgraded room, I don't know if it makes a difference but I enjoyed it! PS No gym equipm...
1  Thank sparkaroni
JashJaiswal, Manager at Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello! Thank you for your review. I do respond to every review because I do dedicate myself to customer service every day, thank you for your recognition. Our TV's are being replaced very soon as part of our renovations which are currently underway. We try to do everything as best as we can, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

At 3 in the morning I got up to go to the bath room and when i turned on the light there were cockroach I couldn't go back to sleep it was disgusting! I stayed up the rest of the night shaking everything out!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Hellogross

Thank you for your review, we understand how a cockroach can have an impact on your stay. We are extremely sorry about this incident, we do have exterminators that come for a routine check up bi-monthly to prevent such things. Sadly, with summer season the bugs do try to sneak in to avoid the temperature outside. Rest assured, we will do a heavy sweep through on the next exterminator visit to ensure this is prevented in the future for all our guests. We do apologize and hope you do decide to give us a chance next time you are in town.