“Wonderful Stay”

Travelodge Oceanside
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 3 February 2010

In simple capsule form....Kimberly and Fred at the front desk...very helpful. Room comfortable. Bed also nice. Shower a little small for tall people but still gets the job done. Coffee in the morning is very drinkable. We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation here at Travelodge. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Oceanside

Reviewed 7 November 2009

Inn not as modern as some nearby, but has more extras than higher priced hotels in the area (treadmill/bike, pool, real coffee, full B-fast). If you're a light seeper, traffic noise and late night activities at adjacent businesses can be a problem. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, but small and have limited TV channels.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and your feedback is truly valuable to better customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2009

My friend and I came to see my boyfriend and my twin brother, who are both Marines. Besides the fact that the room was TINY, none of the outlets worked in the whole room and the pool was freezing, which upset us but we decided not to say anything because we were at the beach all day anyway. When I came home from the trip, my bank statement showed them charging me twice for the one room we stayed in. The front desk woman was very kind in trying to help me, but the manager was very rude. My bank statement clearly shows that they charged me twice, but they refused to refund me. Unless you want to waste your money, don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarineSister
ca607, Sales Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2009

I am so sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations as we try to do with each guest that stays at the Quality Inn & Suites. I will go over your comments with the front desk staff and make sure that the double billing does not happen again, and that you where properly refunded.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

This hotel was very low priced, but it was pretty decent. The room was small, but so was the price. There was still enough space to walk around in the room. The fixtures and the hotel seemed a little old, but well kept. The room was pretty clean except for a few corners here and there. The staff was very kind and helpful, and they made me feel confident about our stay. There was one possible exception, which was one staff member, who, although very kind, gave a small amount of misinformation - when I called she said there was a hot tub, and then I booked the room, and after that she corrected herself and said she found there was not a hot tub. The swimming pool was a little cool, but enjoyable. The beach is indeed within walking distance, but it was kind of a long walk. The hotel has convenient access to major highways and I-5. The breakfast was average, but good enough. The best feature of this hotel was good value for a very reasonable price. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2009

I came down to the San Diego area with my wife to spend the weekend at the beach and checking out the local area. The location is fantastic; it is literally a 2 minute drive straight down to the ocean. We were able to spend a day at the beach and at the Oceanside pier. There are plenty of restaurants, small eateries, and nightlife all within several blocks of the beach. There was even a movie theatre literally across the street from the ocean!

The hotel itself was probably remodeled within the past year or two. The lobby was real unique and had a beachy/tropical feel (the massive palm trees outside let you know you were in the beach area). There was a pool area right by the lobby, but we didn't go in. The business center is next front desk and the exercise room was off to the side. There are only two computers and a printer so sometimes it gets a little busy. Flowers are planted everywhere outside and there is even a fountain area. Also in the same parking lot was a Chinese buffet that was pretty good and reasonably priced.

The room was very clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable with down pillows and blankets. Everything was pretty new and kept up in good shape. I was pretty surprised to see the stand-up showers which were pretty big, actually. The breakfast was very good and fresh. I really enjoyed all the fruit they had not only at breakfast, but in baskets in the lobby sitting area.

The staff was friendly and helpful in pointing out local attractions. We really enjoyed walking along the Oceanside harbor area and visiting an old California Mission that was nearby.

I would recommend to anyone to visit Oceanside. It is a real gem in San Diego County without all the hustle and bustle as you head further down towards Downtown. Plenty of places to eat, attractions, and a clean sandy beach.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnbambula1

Reviewed 6 August 2008

I rented a room here for one night as it was conveniently located. My family and I checked in after 6:30pm, as we had spent the day in Del Mar. We dropped our bags off, then had dinner and went out to the Oceanside Pier. When we return, tired, it was already after 11:30pm. We saw a cockroach crawling away in the bathroom, then another one by my shoes on the floor. After this, no one wanted to spend the night here, since roaches do not travel in pairs alone. I went to go check out at around 11:50pm, and was told by Cindy, the FD Asst. Manager, that I would not be given a full refund as I had already used the room and housekeeping had gone home for the night. In short, she was more concerned with being able to check the room out again to another customer, rather than the obvious roach problem. I left disgusted. Eventually we drove to Carlsbad and rented a much cleaner (and roach free) room at the Holiday Inn. I have sent an email to Quality Inn corporate office seeking a full refund and apology.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Advisor1993
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for not having met your expectations and for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance to rectify and to recover your confidence on a future visit.

Best regards,
Lisa Medrano

Reviewed 28 July 2008

I have to say our room gave a lot to be desired. First, our bathroom door didn't even have a doorknob! At the time we checked in with 4 kids, we were too tired to care. The shower was horrible! There was no door on the shower and was rigged poorly with a thin cheap curtain. The showerhead only pointed into the corner of the shower and if you tried to move it, you basically shot the water right out of the curtain and all over the floor. So it was tons of fun trying to give my kids a shower.
The comforter on our bed appeared to not have been changed since we found a small wad of candy stuck to the inside of it. Yuck!
The only nice thing I can say is the breakfast was really good and the check-in was quick and friendly.
Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank TnkrBell22
ca607, General Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experiences do not represent the level of service we strive to provide. I have addressed the issues you raised regarding the guest room cleanliness issue with my executive housekeeper. She joins me in offering a sincere apology to you and is committed to ensuring that this problem will not occur again.

We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.