“disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Vernon, Canada
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

In Feb 2011, my husband & I reserved a suite for Jan & Feb 2012 (2 months). This hotel has a "10" location - excellent - could be a wonderful experience - BUT - the suite we occupied for 2 months was dirty & shabby - poor linens, substandard paper products, bulky old TV's, carpets in need of shampoo or replacement. The housekeeping staff are making an effort to meet the guests' needs in a difficult situation. There are unfilled jobs because of illness and management problems resulting in 2 days without any service. The weekly "deep clean" was erratic and anything but "deep." I understand that "new management" is just beginning but everything needs upgrading for this facility to succeed. Certainly not a good representation of the suite we were shown when we reserved. In spite of the excellent location we will not return unless many problems are addressed.

Donna M

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Oceanside Marina Suites and it was a very negative experience for us. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless they want to be treated with disrespect and receive no service. When I asked one of the maids if the housekeeping staff provides service, she simply told me that the Head Housekeeper has ordered no service for rooms, and the only service provided is taking out the trash. I went to the front desk to complain about this manner and a tall African American woman with a bad attitude made sure to rudely tell me that "It is what is is..if you don't like it you can leave." I told her I was dissatisfied with the treatment of customers and lack if service and that my family and I would like to leave. She made sure to tell me that I could not be refunded. Overall a bad experience, will not be returning, and would not recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Ellisburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is the msg I wrote to the company managing the Oceanside Marina Suites in Oceanside CA. The management company chose not to respond to my msg.

Dear Sir or Ms,
I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction with my recent experience regarding a reservation at Oceanside Marina Suites (30 Jan-2 Feb 2012)

I am the Corporate Event Program Manager for a large DoD Agency. I am responsible for providing customer outreach at various tradeshows, conferences and symposiums.

For the past 5 years I have stayed at Oceanside Marina Suites during the Marine West event at nearby Camp Pendleton. I have reserved the same room a year in advance. The former hotel General Manager has afforded me and the rest of the Agency employees staying at the same property the best of customer service. There are normally approximately ten Agency employees staying at this property during the event which occurs during a normally "slow" period.

On two occasions I have called her during the year to advise her that the event dates had changed for her planning purposes.

I, and my wife who takes off work with no pay to join me on this trip, arrived at the property to find that the room reserved would not be provided and we were moved to a different room although the reserved room, for which the carpet had been cleaned at the direction of the new General Manager (knowing that it was reserved), was vacant and remained vacant during our stay.

I do not appreciate the new General Manager not allowing my wife and I to use the room reserved a year in advance.
Another Agency employee was also denied access to a similar room he had also reserved a year in advance.

Your new General Manager evidently has no concept of customer service.

Prior to me placing the above comments as written on Trip Advisor and other web sites I will give you an opportunity to explain why the above happened and to provide insurance it will not happen again. If you are unable to provide such insurance I will post my comments and will take action to guarantee personnel from my Agency will not stay at this property again.

Bottom line: your new General Manager ruined a trip, which we look forward to each year, for my wife and myself.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kidagn11
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here for three days, by myself on business and struggle with how to rate it or what to write. So I'll start with the good, LOCATION! This is truly the only place in Oceanside, truly on the water. Most of the other hotels say they are marina or on the water, but really aren't. THis one is. The building exterior and gardens are gourgeous and the pool is very nice, albeit a bit small. There are basically two types of rooms. The normal rooms are large suites with fireplaces and nice large comfortable beds, that face the forest of masts in the marina. THe really expensive suites on the backside of the hotel face the ocean and are much nicer. They have updated carpet and all the trimmings. The room I stayed in was definaetly older and needed new carpet. Besides the stained carpet, the room was very clean. The staff is small and you feel like you are being taken care of by a family, not a hotel staff. Some people don't like that. The no breakfast thing kind of sucked. And the desk was not 24 hours, though I went past as late as 1030pm and there was still someone there. I thought for what you got, the rate was very reasonable. Also, it was a nice walk around the marina in the evenings. If your looking for someplace to walk to the bech from, this is NOT it. Do google maps and you'll see what I mean. Its about a 2 mile hike one way. However, it is close to the Pendleton gate and a few nice restaurants. And still very close to town, the beach and Carlsbad. I would stay again for the rate I got, but not much more. I might even try reserving one of the nicer suites, as it would be a great place for a romantic getaway. Overall, the stay was nice!

Room Tip: If price is not a concern, get the ocean side second story suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Birchymm
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I travel frequently and I enjoy the peace and quiet that this place has to offer. The rooms were nice. I loved the fireplace. Every so often you get that one person who stands out and makes your stay a richer one and Tatu was that person for me. I hate having to travel during the week but Tatu was so friendly, welcoming, and professional I was happy to have the experience!

On a negative note....no continental breakfast..... seriously!

Other than the shocking lack of quality food or continental breakfast I enjoyed my stay and Tatu thank you for being so good to me, You will be seeing me again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Worst Experience of my Life!! The Hotel Customer Service is the worst I have ever experienced. The Lady who checked me in mentioned how she hates dealing with Guests and was planning to get Drunk the night I checked-In. Also, they charged me $400 fee after I left because my Handicap Friend had a puppy who needs his attention. There was cracks in the bathroom, water damage on the ceilings, broken shades, terrible mattress, ripped couches... I can't express how much hate I have for this business. I am calling health and safety department to show my concerns...

Room Tip: NONE. This hotel would be a terrible mistake if you book it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We spent the first night in a room that could use updated bed, furniture, and kitchen. We requested another room for the rest of the stay. It was warm, comfortable, and spacious. The staff was wonderful, and was very respectful. We enjoyed our time at the beach, pool, and hot tub. We thank Everyone that made this Christams trip special. Thank YOU!!!!

Room Tip: If you do not like the room you are given on check in-go to the desk and request to see other availa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family