We stayed here for 3 nights in March during the Ironman where the “Oceanside Marina Suites” was the host hotel.
1. The outside parking was limited, there is available covered parking for compact vehicles however the available spots are extremely close together even with a compact car.
2. Check in was easy, efficient, and friendly, they have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies every night at the front desk.
3. The hotel appeared to have been a condo originally and converted to a hotel later, with that being said elevators seem to have been an afterthought and though they did have one I didn’t know where it was (not in the lobby) nor did we use it.
4. The Room was dated but large, relatively clean & picked up but the carpet did appear to need cleaning, there were some cob webs in the corners of the ceiling and the walls showed signs of numerous repairs over the past several years.
5. In the bathroom the hair dryer did not work well, it had toilet paper crammed into two small holes in the bathroom wall that appeared to have possibly been where the toilet paper roll dispenser used to be and one of the faucet knob’s on the sink in the bathroom was loose and difficult to turn, and the vanity items were not replenished when the room was serviced.
6. The room had a small balcony with a table and chairs and a great view overlooking the harbor, although the sliding glass door to the balcony was older and slightly difficult to open.
7. The room had a fireplace (not sue if it worked because we never tried using it), and 2 TV’s, one flat screen in the living area & an older large tube TV in the separate bedroom.
8. The Kitchenette seemed fully stocked (though we did not use any of the pots/pans/dishes), there is a full size refrigerator but it didn’t seem to get very cold although it was on the coldest setting, we did use the toaster for bagels & it worked fine.
9. The hotel did have a gas BBQ adjacent to the pool (in the pool area), I wish we knew about it sooner & we would have utilized it, while in the spa we saw others cooking up some awesome looking steaks, there is also a separate indoor area with multiple tables & chairs to eat if you didn’t want to eat in lounge chairs at the pool (same area where continental breakfast is served).
10. The continental breakfast was ok but it was a little odd that the “mini muffins” were cut in half, and the Danishes were cut into 1 inch squares, they ran out of coffee by the time we got down to eat at 9am and had to wait awhile more was made.
11. Due to the busy weekend the pool towels ran out and were not replenished.
12. The hotel did have a “business center” which consisted of a converted locked closet that you have to ask for access to, upon attempting to utilize the provided computer it is very slow and their fire wall/antivirus program is a “parental control” program that prevents you from printing anything off the internet like airline boarding passes or online tickets to local amusement parks, when the staff is contacted about this problem they are friendly but unable to help as they do not have the access code to disable the parental controls. We ultimately went to the Holiday inn (where we are members of their rewards program) to print the tickets that we could not at the Marina Suites.
13. Ultimately my family and I had a had a great weekend, we always felt safe, the grounds were well maintained, the staff was always very friendly and attempted to help within their capacity and the location is great with tons of potential if modernized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oceanside Marina Suites is located on a private peninsula in the Oceanside Harbor. Surrounded by water on three sides our resort offers a host of amenities in a serene natural environment. Relax by the pool or your own private patio; stroll along the adjacent marina or shop and eat at the Marina Village. Our Boutique styled hotel is newly remodeled.We have large one & two bedroom suites with fireplaces and fully equipped kitchens, as well as regular standard rooms. Some suites offer an in-room spa for your private enjoyment. Our heated pool, spa ,sauna and Cabana Room are conveniently located on our spacious grounds. Relax in the gazebo and watch the boats navigate in and out of the harbor. Or, if you prefer, grill a steak at our pool side barbecue. Each morning savor our complimentary continental breakfast served by the pool.Located just 10 minutes from Legoland, you'll be away from the crowded San Diego Harbor and beaches. So, for an unbelievable waterfront vacation, come to the Oceanside Marina Suites. You'll be amazed at what a night or two will do for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Oceanside Marina Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Marina Hotel Oceanside
- Oceanside Marina Suites California