Oceanside Marina Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Oceanside)
Beachwood Motel(Oceanside)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenthe jolly rogerbedroom suitecontinental breakfastprivate balconyoceanside marinascreen doorgas fireplacelounge chairsocean sidepool and jacuzzicoffee makeryogurtshort drivesealsdishwasherkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed there for a week. There isn't a beach but there is a huge harbor and a small pool, Continental breakfast every morning, and all the rooms that I saw had a kitchen, which really helps if you have small kids or are staying for more than a couple of nights and want to get comfortable. There are outdoor grills by the pool so you can make your own dinner party. The theme rooms are really fun, and very nicely appointed. After two nights in a one bedroom we moved to the Beatles Suite. The one bedroom was clean and well kept. Like most oceanside or beach hotels it was a bit dated, but fine. The Beatles Suite was way newer and had great decor. THe harbor has two good restaurants and is really good for a walk of anywhere from one to three miles round trip. The locals were very friendly and the hotel staff were among the nicest and most acoomodating I have encountered in my travels. The staff really seem to care that you are satisfied.

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are worth it. If you want to sleep with the windows open, don't be near the main entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David H
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for an incredible compliment! We are honored to hear that our staff impressed you so much. We pride ourselves on working hard to make sure all our guests have an enjoyable stay. They definitely take pride in the work they do and care about guest satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We had the safari room. It was incredible, HUGE! French doors opening up to a grassy area next to the Jetti. This hotel is a hidden jewel. I heard bad things about it, but the place has been renewed and is very cool. It's quiet and close to restaurants and boating. You can't beat the prices. Very, very reasonable for a hotel on the water. I would go back over and over again.

Room Tip: Choose one of the Theme rooms. These are very roomy and are decorated in fun way.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Safari Room is indeed a uniquely beautiful room and always in high demand! We definitely look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is part of a timeshare/hotel rooms. The rooms are big but the kitchen small in a one bedroom. breakfast starts at 6:30-9:30. Needs to be a little longer. The view rooms are excellent but the ones facing the marina are hot. sometimes the kids in the pool make too much noise.....screaming and yelling. Parking is a real problem on the weekend. you can have a parking pass and stll not have a place to park. I parked in a handicap parking for which i had a plackard but reveived a note on my car that i was subjedt t being towed away. Apparently the didn't see my hotel parking pass. Ther are lots of wedding receptions here and forget about parking then. I love the ocean breezes and the shuttle service was nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Oceanside Marina Suites is a unique, beautiful property located on its on peninsula. With regards to parking we have parking on premises for all of our guest rooms, limited one parking space per room, free of charge. The peninsula has limited space allowing just enough spaces for one vehicle per room. There is plenty of parking off-site at the Jolly Roger restaurant, just a short walk away. On days when we have functions, we have a parking attendant who maintains non-registered guests park in the overflow, reserving the parking lot for our hotel guests. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary boat shuttle to the beach as well. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was a perfect facility for a family reunion. The location was picturesque sitting at the northern end of the marina, and with the beach also within view. There is a boat that will shuttle guests from the hotel across the marina to a rental facility (surfboards, jet skis, kayaks). My family of five adults stayed in a two bedroom villa comfortably. The leather sofa did not open into a bed, so we requested a rollaway. They delivered a queen-size aerobed (air mattress) which was probably better than one of those folding spring beds. However, it was bothersome to have stained rugs and an out-dated small bathroom. Parking is tight, They allowed only one car per room to park on the premise. Extra cars had to park down the road.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My family and I made it a tradition to stay here every year in conjunction with the Ironman race. It is not the newest place out there, but sometimes there is beauty in age and imperfections. The place has charm. The real reason we liked coming back each year was that the management was very friendly and always worked with us making each year a great stay. They even managed to put us in the same room each year. It was like coming home. Management has changed over the past year and we won’t be staying at the Oceanside Marina Suites anymore. Every year I would make my reservation for the following year while still there. This I was informed me that the management had changed. I called in every few weeks for several months and was told I was first on the waiting list. Apparently they finally got their act together and called me while I was working. By the time I called in, I was out of luck. So much for being FIRST on the waiting list! I was also informed that the rates went up $210 dollars. I tried to explain how I had tried diligently over the past few months to secure the reservation and the female employee told me “Look, I don’t know what you did or didn’t do.” Followed up with, “You are free to stay somewhere else.” Well one thing I can say is there is certainly great wisdom in her later statement. To the old management - We will miss you. To the new management – Enjoy your current occupation, I am sure it will be short lived.

Room Tip: We always stayed in Room #127
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KarlMGilbert
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Sir,

As clarification, the guest room reservations for Oceanside Ironman Triathlon in March 2013 were not ready to be made available for the following reason. We have been Host Hotel for the Oceanside Ironman Triathlon for a number of years. Their guest rooms are blocked first before any other rooms are reserved. Unfortunately they have been delayed in providing us with their requirements to date. Therefore, we were not able to release any guest rooms to the general public. We did have a waiting list and you were the first to be notified of availability.

In regards to the rates that are being offered over the Oceanside Ironman Triathlon, they are set based upon availability of rooms over that time period. If you are not in agreement with the rates it is up to you whether or not you make a reservation at our property. If you are displeased with the rates, it is not an excuse to be disrespectful, rude and use foul language at our Reservationist who was only trying to give you an honest explanation.

Adam M Della Rocca