All reviewsfull kitchenthe jolly rogerbedroom suiteprivate balconyocean viewscreen doorgas fireplacelounge chairspool and jacuzzishort drivesealsdishwasherbalconiestilepacificcarlsbadcondo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When we first pulled up to the hotel we were pleasantly surprised. That ended quickly. The main entrance is cute, the view from the pool was beautiful and the grounds around the pool seemed like they were maintained. The nightmare started when we started walking down the super stained carpet in the hall, and then we opened the door to our room. The smell was aweful. Old and musty, and hot! The sofa was sagging, dirty and old ( I would not let my kids sit on it, i had to ask for an extra blanket which i laid over the sofa). The bed linens were old, sheets scratchy, pillows lumpy, towels that felt like sandpaper. There was not a pen in sight. The patio furniture on the balcony was dirty and sticky. Everything was just really old and ugly. The entire kitchen needed an overhaul as well. That was just when we got there. Walls were paper thin, and our drunk neighbors kept me up until 2am. The good parts, they have a shuttle boat that takes off from the Jolly Rogers restaurant, where we had a lovely view and great breakfast with a discount for being a guest of the hotel. The shuttle dropped us off at the beach and saved us a really long walk. I think that with some really easy upgrades this place could be a gem. New furniture, paint, linens, and a cleaning staff that pays more attention to detail and I may return to this place. For now, it's on my stay away list.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest:

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We work hard to ensure each and every one of our guests has a clean and comfortable stay. When things come up we try to rectify them immediately. The room you were in is indeed one of the older rooms of the hotel. I am happy to say that over the last year we have started a refurbishment timeline for our hotel. We have completely renovated seven rooms (all of the one bedroom ocean view suites). The marina view suites will be renovated starting this Fall. Some of the rooms have already had new carpets laid and walls re-painted. As a matter of fact, as I write this, one room’s carpet is being laid. In the meantime, the marina views are priced reasonably, especially considering their location on the waterfront. We would love to have you back to experience some of the results of these recent renovations. Please contact me at gm@omihotel.com so I personally look after your next visit. Thanks again for the feedback both criticism and compliments, as it does help us to continue to move in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at a very reasonable rate overlooking the marina. Motel is in a very quiet and peaceful area. Room was very nice as were the pool and hot tub. Staff was very attentive. Exterior looked excellent - nothing run down. Nice landscaping
Close to a number of restaurants along the marina with great happy hrs. and food.
Would stay here again.
Contlnental breakfast is basicly only sweet table with some fruit.

Room Tip: Choose between marina or ocean view.
1  Thank Thomas P

Dear Guest:

Thanks for your fantastic review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value the feedback from our guests and are happy to see people enjoying our hotel. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was our second time back for our anniversary and it was amazing. The staff recognized us which is always a good feeling, our honeymoon suite was ready by noon so off we went. They have done a nice new paint job that brightens up the resort very well. The honeymoon suite is amazing and the best thing about it is the hott tub on the patio overlooking the ocean. You can not beat that. The rooms have a more modern feel to them, I like them now but enjoyed the touches before so each way is fine with us! Its so nice to walk around the property at night since the lights are always on. I love this place and will be back every year for our anniversary! Thank you to Adam, Tatu and staff for being so welcoming to your guests

Dear Molly,
Congratulations on your one year wedding anniversary. I am so glad you like the new touches. The staff has been working very hard to put the shine on what was already the “gem of the harbor.” We have made a number of improvements over the last year and have so much more planned for this coming year. I am glad you like the direction we are heading. It was a pleasure hosting your wedding a year ago and we are so happy to see you a year into your new lives together. Until next year…

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the hotel last weekend for my husband's birthday. We absolutely loved the place! The suite was spacious, clean and well appointed. The view was breathtaking and the whole grounds were just so peaceful. We also loved the pool and spa and spent most of our time relaxing on the deck. The staff was courteous and helpful, especially the manager Adam. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to our next opportunity to visit.

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your five-star review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice birthday weekend for your husband. I am glad to have met you and look forward to having you with us again, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We came to Oceanside with another couple for a getaway weekend from the desert where we live. Shopping for the girls, golf for the boys, and we all got to visit our adult children and their families. Thought would be fun to stay here instead of with our respective children. My daughter recommended the hotel for us as she'd been there when doing flowers for a wedding held on the premises. We loved the location and our room faced the marina, which was great! The buildings are not new by any means but they seem to be heading in the right direction in continuing the upkeep. The handle was missing on our screen door to the balcony so it was funky when opening it and the screen was bent on the window near the dinette which allowed a few flies in. Other than that our suite was great! The front desk staff was very nice and they have a young lady in the breakfast room who was a delight (I understand from the front desk that she is new to the area; they need to hang on to her!). The views from the gazebo area were great and my friend and I spent quite some time in the big rockers, chatting and enjoying the boats and birds zipping past. We have arranged for my mother-in-law to stay there when she comes to California at months' end and I know she will be very, very pleased with her visit.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might ask for a room away from the marina side as that is also the parking area; however, it was not intrusive to us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself. The hotel is indeed older, but the staff’s hard work in addition to the renovations, keeps things running smoothly. The Engineering Department has already take care of the two issues of which you referred to.

Tina, the breakfast server, joined us very recently and we are honored to have her as part of our team. Thanks for pointing her out.

We look forward to hosting your mother-in-law and will be sure to make her feel right at home.

Adam Della Rocca