All reviews full kitchen the jolly roger bedroom suite sea lions private balcony ocean view screen door gas fireplace lounge chairs pool and jacuzzi short drive dishwasher tile pacific condo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in room #230, it's an upstairs 2 bed 2 bath unit with a full kitchen that is well laid out and has unbelievable potential. We just kept repeating the words "too bad it's so dirty in here", and, "i wonder why they don't fix the things that are so easy to repair"? THE DIRTY AREAS: shower with old soap waiting for us! Gross. All dishes were dirty, some with slight food smears and others with chunky delights all over them. The floors...oh my! If you check their vacuum bags, I bet they are empty, how do I know this? I've seen their floors, the dirt is all there just mocking any vacuum within a 10 mile radius. Carpet stains, I know my times tables flat! but you need some next level math to count the stains! Plantation shutters: yes, that's right, plantation shutters are very nice, IF THEY ARE CLEAN!! The ones in the kitchen have food smears on them....this is what I mean by unbelievable potential, nice plantation shutters ruined by filth! The headboard: you can literally write your name in the dust (I wrote: "please clean me", it felt like 6th grade again writing on a dirty car window) The patio deck: what a neat deck!, what a shame that we had our shoes off! (sounds crazy ehh, no shoes on at the beach) and could feel our feet sticking to unknown "things". THE BROKEN THINGS: shower drain clogged. Kitchen sink faucet not attached to sink....you need 2 hands to operate, one to hold the faucet down, the other to turn on the water. (At this point in writing this review, I'm laughing out loud and my wife is looking at me funny, we're pretty kick back so this place didn't phase us) Towel rack busted. Doors stuck, won't shut. Screen door on slider ripped so small animals aren't denied entrance to the room. And last but not least.......... Drum roll........we made a pot of coffee and low and behold, no coffee cups in the room, we called the front desk and the cups arrived shortly. Again, great potential, but a let down at every turn. WHAT WE LIKED: The art decor in the room was way cool. They balcony view was incredible. The room is huge and well laid out. The grounds are immaculate and beautifully landscaped. The staff was very nice, Adam is the GM, he and his staff seemed pleasant. CONCLUSION: We're thinking that, for the moment, the hotel is filling up most weekday and weekend nights during the summer, and if that's true, the money must be flowing. The thinking of the staff might be this: if we're so busy we must be good! Wrong, these problems will catch up to this hotel, guaranteed. We did share these observations with the nice gal at the front desk, she wrote things down, that's good. When at the front desk explaining the room problems, I purposefully did not ask for any discounts on my room or to have any discounts on future room rates. I'm hoping this lends credibility to my review in the eyes of both the staff and all you review readers. Best case scenario is that this place cleans up! I'd love to visit the area again and stay at this place when it's clean and ship shape! All the best!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank mike B
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest:

First of all, please accept my apologies for the condition of your room. Something obviously went wrong with your recent stay, and the room was full-cleaned before your arrival. As I mentioned in my follow-up phone call, we genuinely appreciate your business and would never take that for granted. We have rectified the situation that led to your being checked into a “half-cleaned” room. We appreciate you pointing out the positives of your stay as well. We do endeavor to provide all of our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. The Housekeeping Team at the Oceanside Marina Suites are some of the hardest working employees I have ever been proud to manage. Once again, I apologize for the lackluster arrival and we look forward to having you back, as I mentioned, to show you what our standards normally are.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 7 year wedding anniversary. The hotel is a very nice and the price made it worth the stay. We liked our room but not as much as the other upgraded rooms we had seen while roaming the properties. If we were to stay here again I would ask at the time of booking the room to make sure we got the upgraded room. The property is really pretty on the ocean side and is the side they hold weddings. It was a popular weekend for weddings and there were a lot of people. I think because of the rooms being nice and fairly price it has a reputation for families and the pools get taken over by the kids, which makes it hard to go relax in the jacuzzi or you are surrounded by large families which make it awkward for individual couples. We had a room overlooking the marina, the only thing that sucked about that was the breeze had no where to go but in your room and you would get the lingering smoke from the smokers in the other rooms around you and it goes right into your room and also made it hard to enjoy your balcony. I would rate it very good if all the rooms have been updated, but I know that is a process BUT it still makes you feel like you have been cheapened. What keeps me from rating it as excellence is the smoking rooms by non-smoking rooms and the large families make it difficult for individual couples to enjoy the grounds as well. The surrounding area was very nice and we did take advantage of it by eating at the local places and renting the paddle board. We recommend bringing your bikes, it is a very pretty and doable riding experience. OH and one more thing, it is a full kitchen with supplies, but if you were looking to get full service, the maids do not do dishes. It didn't bother me but we he had two glasses in the sink and it was odd that they didn't clean them. I think it should just be out there that they do not clean the kitchen so you know what to expect when you come back to your room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Guest:
First off, we would like to say Happy Anniversary. Secondly, thank you for your thoughtfully composed review of the hotel and property. Our hotel lends itself as a destination for families especially during the summer when school is out. The large rooms, full kitchens and affordable pricing make it a great place for families escaping the heat inland or touring the coast of California.
We do apologize that other guests were not mindful of their secondhand smoke and that you had an unpleasant experience with that. All rooms are non-smoking but guests are allowed to smoke on the balcony but are reminded to be courteous of the open rooms around them. With a phone call to the Front Desk we could have called the smoking guest to ask them to stop. As far as the housekeeping issue of not automatically washing guests’ dirty dishes, this is a standard policy in most accommodations that have full kitchens. It is the responsibility of the guests but we will certainly look into an option should guests prefer to have housekeepers clean the kitchens
We are glad you had a chance to experience the local area and tried out some new experiences. We hope that you will come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our first visit and we absolutely loved the stay. We had the 2 room suite with great seating outside to overlook the lawn/pool areas & ocean front & back. Yes it is an older hotel but that gives it more character. Only 3 things that our family would have preferred: different doors on the rooms, especially the bathroom, you could hear everything; the king sized bed squeaked whenever someone rolled over; & the garbage disposal made an awful noise (we chose not to call maintenance then):) but the rest of the room made our stay great. Oh and loud talkers in the parking lot at night. Really, be considerate of those who sleep with the windows open for the nice cool air. We did not want to leave and return to AZ.

Room Tip: The NE room 313 had great air flow during our stay & parking just outside our door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

I am glad you took the opportunity to escape the Arizona heat and stayed with us here at Oceanside Marina Suites. We do appreciate your feedback as that is how we make improvements for future guests. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back here for your next trip.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'll start out with the few nice things about the hotel. The location is nice. Surrounded by water beautiful views. Now for the bad...there is NO AC! We didn't know that when we booked it so that's on us but it was told to us so I wanna make sure others are aware. You just have to have windows doors open 24/7 which means all you hear is cars horns loud voices. They do provide you with a floor fan but that was even horrible. Dirty full of nasty dust. The property is in ok condition but the room we were put in was HORRIBLE!!!!! Did not match the pictures at all. We were shocked when we opened the door. Stains on carpet. Lazy boy was falling apart half of the "leather" was torn off. Had a very out dated sofa that's was disgusting! Bathroom was half way re-done. Updated tiles and light fixture but they still had holes in the wall from old fixture horrible patch work. Water wasn't hot at all. We walked around the property and noticed some of the other rooms were much much much nicer! Plantation shutters nice counter tops updated furniture and tv's. these rooms seemed to match the pictures they advertise. Not sure if we got put in the nasty room because of booking on a 3rd party site or what but we will not be staying here again. Had a great time at the Jolly Roger which is in walking distance. Great bar tender Colleen!

Room Tip: Ask for the updated rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We always strive to deliver exceptional hospitality and offer good quality accommodation at an affordable price. In the past year, we have completely renovating seven ocean view one bedroom suites along with moderate upgrades to other rooms around the hotel. Nevertheless, we are aware that additional refurbishment is needed for some of the rooms and this is an ongoing process and that is why we offer significantly lower rates on our not-so-recently renovated rooms. We hope that you come back and stay with us in one of our newly renovated rooms, as we are very confident that you will be pleasantly surprised at the improvements that have been made since your last stay.
Please contact me personally at the hotel and I would be happy to look after your next visit personally.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is our second visit to this location. Just got back from a 3 night stay. First of all, this is the place for persons looking to be ON the water. There is no beach but entire property is surrounded by ocean,channel,and marina. Views from all sides.!!! The hotel is an older location, but as you can read, they are refurbishing rooms at this time. We happened to stay in one that has not yet been recently redone. We reserved a 1 bedroom handicapped accessible suite. The customer service was wonderful and we were able to get the room without booking months in advance. Our first visit was 3 summers ago in a 2 bedroom handicapped accessible unit. But if you are a couple looking for romance, this place is a wonderful choice also. Each of the units we have tried have been good. Not new, but very nice Both had full kitchens, and were clean and well stocked. As a guest, there is free parking (i love this),housekeeping service each day, and a complimentary continental breakfast daily. Pool is heated and beautiful. The grounds are well maintained and lovely. Front desk staff is so professional and made us feel so very welcome. Please be nice to all of them, they work hard. Maintenance staff was also great and responded quickly to any need we had, including providing a shower chair for the roll in shower. So nice! When traveling with an elderly person, it is a blessing to have a soft place to land where the staff is so helpful. There is no air conditioning at this hotel, so be prepared to enjoy the ocean breeze and lots of open doors and windows. But hey, that is why you come to the shore anyway!! This hotel is family friendly and just the best. I would almost like to keep it a secret but .....haha Call or check website for rooms. Also, for oceanfront rooms, the price is more than great. From someone who has stayed all up and down the southern cal coast, this is a definite treat.But sure to take time to watch a sunset. They are amazing from here! I would share this with anyone looking to have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Suites facing ocean are beautiful (recently redone) with views of boats sailing in and out of marina all day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was so helpful and courteous. Each team member has chosen to work in the hotel industry specifically because they enjoy working with people and to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. I can assure you that such an encounter with a family like yours makes the long hours and the hard work worth every effort. Thanks again for the great review.