My previous review of this property was somehow put under the Comfort Suites at a totally different address...this review is for the Oceanside Marina Suites at 2008 Harbor Drive in Oceanside,Ca. We were booked under the Vacation Internationale company who own 7 suites at this location. Their suites have been renovated and I was told the other remaining suites have been or are in the process of being renovated. Our suite was very nice, with a Murphy bed, instead of the typical hide a bed, in the livingroom. The kitchen had full sized stainless steel appliances and all the normal amenities, including granite countertops and vanity tops in both bath/dressing areas.. One very nice feature was that in addition to the main bathroom, with a full tub/shower and vanity, there was an another dressing vanity in the main bedroom. It made it very nice, when you have additional guests staying with you, to have that second private dressing area. The bed was a king sized and very comfortable.
There was no air conditioning. This suite did not have a view, as it faced the side of the building opposite us. It made for very little cross ventilation, so it could be a problem if there was hot weather. They did have ceiling and floor fans in all the rooms.
The location was beautiful, at the end of the harbor, with water on 3 sides but the lower rooms really have no views. The upper rooms all had large balconies with great views but I don't think most of them are renovated as nicely as ours was.The one advantage to the lower rooms was that it made it an easy access to the lower free parking carports. It made it much simpler for loading and unloading your vehicle.They do not have locked entries to the grounds or parking.
They did provide a continental breakfast at the pool area every morning from 8 - 9:30 AM.
The free WiFi they provided had a very weak signal and never did connect for us. The TV in the bedroom had only the local channels, was not connected to the cable channels.
We would stay here again, would prefer a room with a little better view and cross ventilation and would like the renovated suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oceanside Marina Suites is located on a private peninsula in the Oceanside Harbor. Surrounded by water on three sides our resort offers a host of amenities in a serene natural environment. Relax by the pool or your own private patio; stroll along the adjacent marina or shop and eat at the Marina Village. Our Boutique styled hotel is newly remodeled.We have large one & two bedroom suites with fireplaces and fully equipped kitchens, as well as regular standard rooms. Some suites offer an in-room spa for your private enjoyment. Our heated pool, spa ,sauna and Cabana Room are conveniently located on our spacious grounds. Relax in the gazebo and watch the boats navigate in and out of the harbor. Or, if you prefer, grill a steak at our pool side barbecue. Each morning savor our complimentary continental breakfast served by the pool.Located just 10 minutes from Legoland, you'll be away from the crowded San Diego Harbor and beaches. So, for an unbelievable waterfront vacation, come to the Oceanside Marina Suites. You'll be amazed at what a night or two will do for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanside Marina Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Marina Hotel Oceanside
- Oceanside Marina Suites California