“Beautiful Grounds, nice people, old rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Beautiful Grounds, nice people, old rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Had a hard time rating this property. The locations is beautiful, the grounds are wonderful, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms, however, are pretty minimal. No A/C, which is probably fine most of the time but not during heat spells. A fan is provided but we had no window, only a non-locking screen door so couldn't run it too cool things off if we wanted locked doors. In any case, I would go back but I would be careful about selecting my room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay but concerned that not all your needs were met. It is very important that we take action when we get feedback from our guests on how to improve our guest service. I have spoken to the Staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back here on your next trip.

Deena Culver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Many of the rooms here offer fantastic Ocean, Harbor and Marina Views. I rated this property 4 out of 5 only because some of the interior of the property could use some renovation. That being said, I don't believe that for the price, you will find rooms with comparable views anywhere in the county. Our room was 212 and had a nice view of the harbor, a stones throw away, with views towards the east. We were blessed with views of atmospheric phenomenon from the balcony in the early evening as the thunder heads over the mountains were producing lightning storms. The staff was quite kind and courteous. I believe many (if not all) the rooms here may have been converted from condos. Our room had a full kitchen, dining/living room with fireplace, separate bedroom and bathroom. There was no air conditioning and while it was warm (80's) on the day of our stay, there was a fan which we pulled out of the closet which helped make things a little more comfortable. Most days however, I would hazard to guess that cooling apparatus would not be necessary. Our room was clean and comfortable and Wi-Fi worked well. The breakfast offerings, while meager at best, are convenient for those who wish to remain and enjoy the grounds before checking out. For $120 a night for waterfront property, this place offers great value and unprecedented views all around.

Room Tip: Views from rooms vary, if you want something in particular I would suggest contacting the property b...
1 Thank CrazyDonkey1958
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I are owners of a timeshare that has locations at the Marina Suites in Oceanside, CA. We checked in late on a Tuesday night. We called ahead to get the late check-in instructions and they were very clear and easy to follow. The room was clean and nicely appointed but we couldn't get the television in the livingroom to work upon arrival. Maintenance came out the next day and fixed the television. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. My only complaint was that we forgot some toilettries and when I asked at the front desk if they had them told me they couldn't give me any because I was a timeshare owner and not a hotel guest. I had the distinct feeling they had the toilettries on hand, and it seemed silly that they couldn't at least sell them to me. I think the timeshare company should have something worked out with the hotel to at least provide toilettries at a fee, if needed. There's no air conditioning in the unit so during a hot spell, like when we went, it can be difficult to keep things pleasantly cool, but if you can find a way to prop open the front door you can get a good cross breeze. Overall, our stay was very pleasant and peaceful. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The views of the Marina and pacific ocean were absolutely lovely. The full kitchen makes keeping snacks on hand or cooking a few meals in the unit very easy. I would definitely stay here again, I'd just double check that I have all my toilettries before I head out.

1 Thank BarbJCa
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel has horrible parking, fans that do absolutely nothing in the rooms if its hot (it was 94 for the 2 days we were there), and the carpet was really dirty. Everything in the room was old and didn't seem to work well. The bathroom was like a sauna because the fan was basically obsolete!!!! To add insult to insury, they towed our car because we forgot to hang the huge parking pass the 2nd night. It ended up costing us almost $600.00 for 2 nights stay. Would NEVER return to this hotel. This only good thing about it was the view.

Dear Guest,

Thank for you reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The guest experience is very important to us. We will use your feedback in order to improve our operations and services. I hope that you will think of us again should you choose to stay in Oceanside.

Deena Culver

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

La Quinta, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The grounds and ambience were breathtaking. Good views of the Oceanside Marina with
its power and sailboats. We are repeat guests- stayed for 4 days in July, August and
September. It was fun watching the kayaks , jet skis and wave runners. There are many
good places to eat at the Marina. We plans to stay there again next summer. Adam Della
Rocca, the general manager is excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the five-star review and we are so proud to have provided you with an enjoyable stay at the hotel. The staff works very hard so our guests have a memorable stay and it is a joy for them when our guests post heartfelt and constructive reviews.
We appreciate your endorsement.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is older. It's by the water so there is evidence of rust and sea ware and tear. BUT with that in mind, that you aren't entering a state of the art brand new hotel, this was perfect for my Anniversary get away. Having stayed at lush boutique hotels I can say this doesn't offer the same luxe qualities, but if you are looking for an amazing view of the Oceanside Harbor and ocean, then you have found a wonderful place. Quiet, quaint even, we stayed in the Honeymoon Suite which was perfect for two people. Private balcony with a Jacuzzi tub on it offers some extra intimacy. The room has been updated with a beautiful bathroom and walk in shower, his and her shower heads. Big enough for two. The room is small but has a hidden fridge and microwave. You will need this because there isn't an on property restaurant or bar. They do offer a "continental breakfast" but really its probably my only major complaint. It's store bought pasties and apples. They could use a better breakfast. However they do offer a complimentary shuttle service by boat to the rest of the harbor where we found a great wine bar and other restaurants, shops, and attractions, most of which you get a discount at if staying at the Suites. PLUS the beach is right there.

The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Even after we checked out, they offered us their boat services so we didn't have to drive around the harbor and find parking. I had never thought of Oceanside as offering a romantic getaway but this was a perfect weekend. Only 8 minutes from Downtown were they have more upscale restaurants and bars, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something simple and oceany. We didn't use the pool but did walk the grounds that lay above the water and it was peaceful. Many families were there as well so this isn't just a couples places. HOWEVER stay in the suites facing the ocean if possible.

1 Thank mrsejudd
Azusa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My family stayed in a harbor-view suite for five weeks. We had a beautiful 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite with a very nice kitchen. The view was outstanding. The service provided by the manager (Adam), housekeeping and maintenance personnel was very good. They made our vacation very special. We also enjoyed the boat shuttle that the Marina provides to the Harbor shops, with Captain Gary on the weekends. We can hardly wait to come back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Bob_Deb.

We look forward to your visit next year and and I am delighted that you had such a wonderful vacation this year. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the entire team, including Captain Gary. Thanks again for your extended patronage. See you next summer!

Adam M. Della Rocca