“Nice location and rooms, mixed facility upkeep, unattentive service”

Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Nice location and rooms, mixed facility upkeep, unattentive service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had somewhat mixed feelings on my stay, though generally was nice.
I stayed in occasion of a big triathlon race and the location was perfect. I had a double suite with a nice balcony overlooking the bay and my family could see me swim right from their room This was a nice bonus.
The views, the nice grounds with a good swimming pool and the pretty location at the end of the bay made for a nice stay.
My room looked like it had seen better days. It was very spacious and had some high-end touches like granite countertops and nice fireplace, but then on the other hand the carpet was old and dirty (my kids had black feet from just walking around the room) and the furniture look old and cheap. It was nice to have a full kitchen and refrigerator, though I was very surprised there was not even a basic cleaning of it. I wasn’t expecting the maid to do our dishes, but maybe restock my coffee maker…
The service in general was not very attentive. The front desk was left unattended for long times so a couple of times I had to give up asking for blankets or other items.

We did have a nice stay, I just would have expected better cleanliness, details and services for the price paid, which wasn't cheap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Palmer, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel after the hotel we had reservations with overbooked and had to move us. It was not ideal for our family. First of all, there is no air conditioning. This was not great for us because my son has asthma and needed a cool room to sleep in. There were no bathtubs. Only marble showers. Kind of hard to get 3 kids under the age of 7 showered. There were cosmetic issues. Pieces of molding were missing, the fireplace was rusted and falling apart, the floors were dirty. My kids' socks were stained black after walking around for a few hours inside. Also, the walls were so thin. We could hear the people upstairs blowing his nose. For our family, this hotel did not offer what we needed. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Katie P

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

San Diego
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked a room at this hotel for two nights. I booked my room online and accidentally booked a marina view instead of ocean view. When we checked in and I realized my mistake, the hotel staff was very accommodating and offered to change my room. We were offered a two room suite in the south building and we were able to preview the room before we accepted it. The rooms in the south building all have different themes but we did not like the theme of the room they offered us. It seemed dark and dingy. So the staff offered us a newly remodeled room in the central building. Apparently the entire hotel was undergoing a major remodel and some of the rooms were now ready for use. The room had a full kitchen, fireplace, and decent sized balcony. We had a nice ocean view that was only partially obstructed. We checked in just in time to see one of the most spectacular sunsets imaginable. I had read some not so good reviews of this hotel but since it is under new management and the rooms have been remodeled, I think those that stayed here prior to the remodel should give it another try. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gene2459
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked a "Marina View One Bedroom" over 9 months ago at the same time as I registered for Ironman 70.3. What we got was a dingy, almost basement bachelor suite with a view of a cement wall and the side of a building. Awful!! Gee.....and I wanted a reduction in price....Imagine that!! Just like "Never again" the GM was no where to be found during our entire stay and I am still waiting to hear back from them on an "additional adjustment" to my bill.

Do NOT stay here!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret V
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad you took the time to share your experience at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We value your feedback and the opportunity it gives us to improve our product. We work hard to ensure that each of our guests has a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We have just refinished renovating our lobby and several rooms. We plan on making improvements. We are sure that if you return you will be very pleased with your experience.

Az
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Do Not Stay at Oceanside Marina! My friends and I booked 5 rooms during the Iron Man 2014 and we had a Horrible experience! The general manager was rude! The rooms we were assigned had chipped paint, dirty windows, a broken sliding door and no hot water. They were nothing like the images in the hotel's advertisements. We asked the general manager if we could get better quality rooms, but these were her exact words, "You have to pay for an upgrade in order to get a better room!" Since we were so uncomfortable in the rooms, we felt forced to pay extra for what we thought would be a better room. The "upgraded" room had the same problems! We tried contacting the GM again, but she was no where to be found throughout the weekend. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Chino C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for taking time to write a review of the Oceanside Marina Suites. I was concerned to read that a guest was unhappy with their stay. It is our goal to satisfy the requirements of each of our guests.
We are excited to let you know that the hotel has renovations underway. We would love to have you back and experience the results of our efforts. We think you will love them.

Republic, Missouri
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Checked intot the property today and already disappointed with our stay. As travel agent I would no nor will I ever recommend this property to another person. At check in I am told there is a $100 deposit which was never mentioned anywhere. I also see on the paper it says "marina view" well the only way anyone is seeing the marina from this room is if they have x-ray vision. I stayed here last year and had the worst experience ever at a hotel and the GM told me he wanted to make it up on our next stay if we would give them a chance to win our business back. I emailed him and still have received no reply. Glad to see that new management cares about its guests. Bad word of mouth is huge and its even larger when its from someone in the travel industry. The property also does not have air conditioning so if you stay in 313 good luck gettinig any breeze they claim to have. The curtain covering the bathroom door is held up with drywall screws. The floors are stained and feel incredibly nasty to walk on. Please view photos.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank th3truth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We appreciate all of our returning guests. We strive to provide a high quality product and service to our guests. It is very disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly at gm@omihotel.com to personally look after your next visit.

Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2014

What a beautiful spot for a hotel. Our room was one of the "older" rooms other reviewers refer to, but clean. We opted for a water view and while at the end of the hotel, still had a bit of view. The breakfast isn't worth waiting for and the one-woman front desk wasn't always there. Would be gone for 15-20 minutes often.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Oceanside Marina Suites.
We appreciate our guest feedback and will take a look at our continental breakfast. We hope to have you back again soon.