“Outstanding in every way!”

Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here when we came to visit our son stationed at Camp Pendleton. We have never been to Oceanside and didn't know the area or where to book. We are so happy we stayed at Oceanside Marina Suites! We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.
-staff: everyone we met was very friendly and helpful! From letting us check in an hour early to being more than helpful whenever we needed anything, we were thoroughly impressed
-location: could not have been better! Situated in Oceanside Harbor, there isn't a bad view from any room. Located close enough to the interstate for getting places, close to downtown Oceanside and beach and anything else you want to do. One morning I took a walk around the harbor and stopped at one of the little restaurants across the harbor. Walking distance to several restaurants and little stores.
-atmosphere: excellent! Was always quiet in the halls and very peaceful
-grounds: beautiful! has several places on grounds to just sit and watch boats coming in and out of the harbor....found a great little spot next to rocks with two chairs and another near gazebo with rockers set up to just sit and enjoy the view
-pool/hot tub: beautiful, clean, never very crowded, plenty of towels to get from the front desk; there are also grills to use near the pool area and grilling utensils available to borrow from the front desk
-room: we loved our room because it was spacious and had an equipped little kitchen. We had the king size suite which had a bedroom for my husband and me, a large bathroom, an eating area with a table, a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove/oven, dishwasher and sink, and a living room area with a fireplace, couch and chair. The room was a little outdated but we heard they are currently renovating rooms; we would ask for a renovated room next time, but would still stay there even if we had the same room we had
Very good experience and made our trip fantastic because of booking here. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen H
There are newer reviews for Oceanside Marina Suites

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This motel has everything going for it as far as location and views but nothing as far as room quality or service personnel. The rooms are not maintained with any quality both in furnishings or cleanliness. Many lack basic amenities because the owners wanted to make each room individual, but failed. Carpets are stained, lights are dim, furniture filthy and wall heaters too fragile to trust.
They had a remodel which supposedly included a few of the rooms but seemed concentrated on the check in desk and stairway which were stripped of their charm. They need a professional to direct them instead of a housewife decorator.
Contrary to one of the claims, the place if rife with children so usage of the pool or spa limited at best. In fact after finding out it was maintained by the motel handyman instead of a pool professional, we opted to stay dry.
The staff has gone downhill as well from that we enjoyed a few years ago. The desk clerk was curt even bordering on rude and of course the manager (deena) was no where to be seen unlike adam, her predecessor who was actively present.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newly refurbished ones if possible even though they are few in number and not...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank semonswarz
Reviewed 3 June 2014

it was awesome. We loved the location and the rooms were all very unique! The price was definitely affordable. I just wish we had booked two nights. The service was great as well. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Great place! We live in the area and had never been here before but glad we found it! we hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had somewhat mixed feelings on my stay, though generally was nice.
I stayed in occasion of a big triathlon race and the location was perfect. I had a double suite with a nice balcony overlooking the bay and my family could see me swim right from their room This was a nice bonus.
The views, the nice grounds with a good swimming pool and the pretty location at the end of the bay made for a nice stay.
My room looked like it had seen better days. It was very spacious and had some high-end touches like granite countertops and nice fireplace, but then on the other hand the carpet was old and dirty (my kids had black feet from just walking around the room) and the furniture look old and cheap. It was nice to have a full kitchen and refrigerator, though I was very surprised there was not even a basic cleaning of it. I wasn’t expecting the maid to do our dishes, but maybe restock my coffee maker…
The service in general was not very attentive. The front desk was left unattended for long times so a couple of times I had to give up asking for blankets or other items.

We did have a nice stay, I just would have expected better cleanliness, details and services for the price paid, which wasn't cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel after the hotel we had reservations with overbooked and had to move us. It was not ideal for our family. First of all, there is no air conditioning. This was not great for us because my son has asthma and needed a cool room to sleep in. There were no bathtubs. Only marble showers. Kind of hard to get 3 kids under the age of 7 showered. There were cosmetic issues. Pieces of molding were missing, the fireplace was rusted and falling apart, the floors were dirty. My kids' socks were stained black after walking around for a few hours inside. Also, the walls were so thin. We could hear the people upstairs blowing his nose. For our family, this hotel did not offer what we needed. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked a room at this hotel for two nights. I booked my room online and accidentally booked a marina view instead of ocean view. When we checked in and I realized my mistake, the hotel staff was very accommodating and offered to change my room. We were offered a two room suite in the south building and we were able to preview the room before we accepted it. The rooms in the south building all have different themes but we did not like the theme of the room they offered us. It seemed dark and dingy. So the staff offered us a newly remodeled room in the central building. Apparently the entire hotel was undergoing a major remodel and some of the rooms were now ready for use. The room had a full kitchen, fireplace, and decent sized balcony. We had a nice ocean view that was only partially obstructed. We checked in just in time to see one of the most spectacular sunsets imaginable. I had read some not so good reviews of this hotel but since it is under new management and the rooms have been remodeled, I think those that stayed here prior to the remodel should give it another try. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gene2459
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked a "Marina View One Bedroom" over 9 months ago at the same time as I registered for Ironman 70.3. What we got was a dingy, almost basement bachelor suite with a view of a cement wall and the side of a building. Awful!! Gee.....and I wanted a reduction in price....Imagine that!! Just like "Never again" the GM was no where to be found during our entire stay and I am still waiting to hear back from them on an "additional adjustment" to my bill.

Do NOT stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret V
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad you took the time to share your experience at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We value your feedback and the opportunity it gives us to improve our product. We work hard to ensure that each of our guests has a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We have just refinished renovating our lobby and several rooms. We plan on making improvements. We are sure that if you return you will be very pleased with your experience.

Deena Culver