Oceanside Marina Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Oceanside)
Beachwood Motel(Oceanside)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenthe jolly rogerbedroom suitecontinental breakfastprivate balconyoceanside marinascreen doorgas fireplacelounge chairsocean sidepool and jacuzzicoffee makeryogurtshort drivesealsdishwasherkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I can't believe how horrible our stay was here at this hotel. My husband and I got married on Saturday and went to stay here for our honeymoon on saturday night. Our first impression of this hotel was that it looked like an old apartment buiding that was dirty and unappealing. We walked inside to the bell desk and things were a little nicer. Once we got to the room, we immediately wanted to go to the jacuzzi because ever since we booked this room we were anticipating going after the wedding and sitting in the jacuzzi with some champagne. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER!!! and the jets didn't work. I called down to the bell desk and he told me it was an old building and I had to turn the cold on first and then hot and call him if it didn't work. Well...I tried it and it didn't work. I called and he said, "well do you want me to come fix it?" At 230 in the morning when I'm in my bridal underwear, um no. So we went to bed. Some people were next to us to were so loud and partying til 430 in the morning! So we woke up early, and I went to take a shower and there was NO HOT WATER! It warmed to luke warm so I braved it and finished the shower. I went to blow dry my hair in the bathroom and the fuse blew and I had to plug my dryer in the other room. Thinking with our room probably being private I was dressing completely naked and i look over and there is a couple walking on the main path looking right into our room. I WAS HORRIFIED!!! So we went to complain to the manager Samantha and she looked at me like I was lying with all the things i told her that happened, and she informed us, "well we only have one water heater and it's on the other side of the building so you have to wait for 20 minutes to get hot water." She was not very nice and didn't even refund the whole room, just half.

DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL! I checked the bad reviews before booking and there was some good ones so I decided to risk it. BAD IDEA!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aimsgurl22
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We had been travelling around Western US and wanted to have our final week in a luxurious room in a great place and chose these suites. Unfortunately when we arrived and were shown to our suite we were very dissapointed. The view of the harbour was great as promised but the rest was not. It would appear that the suite shown and advertised on the internet is only 1 of 2 which had been renovated the rest are very tired and dingy looking. The bathroom was tiny an dark the shower was rusty and there was black mould at the top of the tiles. The kitchen was hardly stocked with utensils and paint was peeling all over. Having done lots of travelling and stayed in much better places for less money we decided not to stay and moved onto La Jolla. We subsequently found out that Oceanside is not a particularly good part of San Diego. Although I will say that Christine on reception was very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I was fortunate enough to use my timeshare points and stay in a one bedroom condo. The condo itself and its location within the property were wonderful. There are coin-op washers and dryers on the property. You can get free laundry soap from the check-in desk. The wifi on the property is touch and go, however you can ask and receive free dsl cables. On the down side, I could hear everyone outside and above my unit. The jacuzzi is in desperate need of resurfacing, temperature adjustment (it is not hot enough to kill any cooties), and the jets don't work. In light of these things, I will stay here again because it is in a beautiful location with a lot to do nearby. If you have bikes, bring them! Local San Diegans need to spend a weekend here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My family and I stayed here for our church retreat. This place has really pretty pics and the views are breath taking. Our "suite" was pretty bad. I found a rat in the kitchen one late night. Our tiolet broke which was not replaced right away. And my undergarments were ruined after putting them in the dresser draw which I guess had just been repainted. We got a refund for just one night even though we stayed there for 10 nights. The parking is AWFUL. You better have a rental car when you stay here because there is nothing but one place to eat near by but they kept weird hours. The breakfast that they offer is not worth going down to get. Like I said in the subject line...stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sophiasmom06
Reviewed 11 September 2008

I stayed here while attending a weekend seminar in Oceanside. I looked forward to this "Suites" hotel on a marina, and admittedly I should have taken heed from the extremely dated photos they offer of their "resort", but I got a good rate and went anyway. The parking lot is difficult to navigate when full, and that was the majority of my three night stay. As a single, female traveller, I had to park down the street (which was not well lit or populated) after returning to the hotel after dark.

I wasn't too fussed on the fact that my room was not a suite, as suggested by the name of the hotel, but I was bothered to find that the room looked as if it had barely been cleaned. The carpet and bathroom floors felt gritty under my bare feet and the decor was very well worn complete with stains on walls and carpet. Since my seminar ran all day, I was only there to sleep and shower so I was happy to see the end of my stay there. When it was time to leave, and I was doing the customary departure check under the beds for all of my belongings I spotted an open, unrolled condom. Needless to say I hightailed it out of there and never looked back!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business