“Wonderful!!!”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Montreal
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Girls only vacation. Left husband at home. Traveled from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon to Palm Desert to the California coast and flew back home to Montreal from San Francisco.
Great service. Friendly staff.
Initially took 1 night ended up 5 night stay
Amazing 2 bedroom suite with great views
Bought groceries, barbequed on the grill, drank wine, enjoyed the awesome views from the patio off our room, made friends with the local sea lions. Life couldn't be better!!!
I am definitely going back in 2011.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Camp Pendleton
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We came and had a small get together with friends. We were able to get such a great military discount that we came and rented 7 rooms with friends.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Berry Creek , California
Reviewed 28 November 2009

A very pleasant place to stay right on the beach. The staff always had a smile and met all our needs. Its recently being remodeled and it cleanliness was one of its number one features.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 23 November 2009

We love our expericence with Oceanside Marina Suites.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OCTUBRE25
az
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We where up graded to the next room at no charge, it was great . we where there 4 days .
we Slept with the windows open and the sounds of the Ocean , birds , fog horn, added to the ocean experience. Our private patio was about 40 feet from the ocean. Heated Pool and Jacuzi are nice. Breackfast is ok , it will hold you to lunch , but it needs more variety. I will go back.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 24 September 2009

According to Dawn, one of the hotel's managers, Morph Rats (?!) are common to this area - traps are set, dead rats are found in the bushes, and rats even inhabit the trees! Had I known this BEFORE I checked into the suite, I would have possibly been less shocked to find a live rat nibbling at a banana on my kitchen counter early on the morning of our departure , 8/3/2009!! One has to keep windows open since there is no AC - a fact revealed on the hotel's website - but the existence of the rat problem - not revealed on the website - would have definitely changed my decision to stay here!! This fact was communicated to me 6 weeks after our stay when I called Dawn to discover why it had taken 6 weeks for the room charges to be billed to me - I was told the charges initially had been billed to someone elses credit card - sloppy management/organization!! I was also told by Dawn that feral cats have been a problem, too, but they only have 2 now, she thinks!
The morning of check-out - 6 a.m. due to an early flight leaving from San Diego - I went to the desk to check out only to discover the desk barred shut. I slid my card keys under the gate and left a message on the hotel's line with my name, address, phone number, and a request that a receipt be mailed to be as my credit card had been presented upon check-in. I also mentioned the rat!! No response either by phone or mail nor a receipt was ever made/sent to me. It was I who called the hotel 6 weeks later - when my credit card was finally billed by the hotel - and subsequently was enlightened by Dawn regarding the credit card "mix up" and the rat problem.
We stayed for 6 nights in our suite during the days before and during my daughter's wedding held on the grounds. Our kitchen was minimally stocked with utensils, the furniture and rugs were stained, and the whole suite was dirty and run down even though it was touted by the hotel staff in my numerous phone calls to the hotel prior to our stay that the hotel hade been renovated and would be clean. I made daily calls during our stay to get the 6 towels to accommodate us and to have garbage removed. The bathroom was never completely cleaned on a daily basis - tub not even rinsed out.
We were promised by the male manager that the suite next to ours (which would house another daughter ( the maid of honor), her husband, and 4 children (2 were ring bearers)plus a 4 month old baby would be cleaned and available first of all the rooms in the complex the day of the wedding as well as the honeymoon suite for my daughter - the bride. The honeymoon suite was ready by noon allowing the bride/groom, etc. to prepare for a 2:30 p.m. wedding, but the other suite was not readied untill 4p.m. - 1 1/2 hours after the wedding was scheduled to begin!! Also, initially, the reservation the hotel had on their books for them did not reflect the correct room and more calls were made by me to the front desk to finally get them tthe suite they had booked which was ajacent to ours! Needless to say, 11 people showering, and dressing for the wedding in my suite was chaotic - numerous calls to the front desk had yielded the excuse that they were " very busy ".
Although the setting is gorgeous, and the grounds are nice, parking is misleading. If there is a wedding or other function, overflow parking (which is most of it since each hotel unit is given one pass for the on grounds parking) is next to the Jolly Roger Restaurant - a few blocks away. This becomes an issue if one books a function at the hotel - as is the case for the wedding - and discovers that guests will be walking a distance to the hotel from their parking. This was actually a question asked by me well before the 8/1 wedding - I was told there was ample parking available onsite - very misleading! Wireless internet is only reliably available in the lobby area - I only picked it up from my patio one out of the six mornings of our stay.
The lack of communication between management personnel and lack of accountability for anything are issues which I feel this establishment is rifled with. We will not be back and do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank deezieColorado

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Room 206 is nice with oceanview but no A/C meant open windows and 2 fans on all night as weather was in the 90's and although there is a great sign saying no noise from 10pm to 8am the service started to clean the poolarea at 7 slamming doors and speaking a loud spanish.
Breakfast is below any standards so Denny's nearby ( by car) is recommended and although Jolly Roger, the neighbour restaurant, has breakfast, we never felt welcome.
Service is nice, and a stopped toilet was fixed immidiately.
Parking is with high risk of being blocked by the trucks and pick-ups everybody drives these days and scratches are to be expected. General the place is worn and despite the (claimed ) renovation, there is much to be done before they are up to their own words of class. TV needs tuning, unsharp picture.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple