“Beautiful view, peaceful stay”

Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My husband and I stayed here because our son is a Marine, stationed at Camp Pendleton and he was returning from Aghanistan. I really read the reviews of everywhere around Oceanside, but what made me decide to stay here was the location. The view from our room, looking out on the water was just spectacular! We had a little lanai where we could sit and watch the boats coming in and out of the harbor. We booked a two bedroom, so our son could stay with us if wanted to get off the base. He stayed with us the 2nd night. He was so tired and jet lagged, he slept from 4:30 pm to 7 am the next day!
The place is worth anything for that view. My husband and I commented on what it must cost for the upkeep. It is obvious the salt air takes its toll, but the landscaping was beautiful, the restroom by the pool was spotless, and the room was huge! Yes, it needs to be updated, but the mattresses were wonderful, the sofa was great, there was a fireplace, which we didn't use, and the kitchen was an added bonus. Turns out, we only used the refrigerator for drinks, but it was a full size frig! The chairs were a speck to low for the table, but we didn't eat in. Internet service was spotty. It was fine the first day, the 2nd day didn't not so much.
I would not hesitate to come back here again if we get the chance. The location alone is worth the price! If the place was a 5 diamond, we wouldn't be able to afford to stay there!
The one place I looked forward for breakfast was the Longboarder Cafe, but it was empty, except for a ladder in the middle of the place. There were no signs explaining why it was closed. We ended up having breakfast at Flying Bridge. It looked like a diner inside, the waitress was so sweet, and the food was great! They gave us a military discount since our son is a Marine! We would go back there again, as well. Dinner was at Joe's Crabshack the 2nd night. Great service, delicious food!
One disappointment was the pool and jacuzzi were being renovated. I had been looking forward to the jacuzzi after a 9 hour drive, but I understood the reason for the repairs. The parking was fine. For people who are driving big cars or are worried about their parking skills, they should park in the upper lot as us first pull in. Everyone was so friendly, and as I said, our room couldn't have been better! It was exactly what we needed for the trip.
ps....I took great pictures, but for whatever reason, my computer isn't cooperating. If I get it working correctly, I will post the pics.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 October 2010

Stayed with family for a long weekend and had a great time with a 2-bedroom unit that looked out over the harbor and ocean. we watched the boats go by and the surfers on the beach all from the comfort of our patio. Full kitchen was a real treat to have. Good restaurants near by if you didn't want to cook. Fun to watch the seals play in the harbor too..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2010

incomprehensibly poor customer service having to do with NO hot water in the shower. Evidently this is an ongoing problem in this particular ground floor studio suite (#310).... Why not fix the problem or at the very least post a sign regarding faucet directions. Because we were unwilling to have a maintenance man come to our room at 10:00 pm, management pushed this problem back on us the next mooring when we went to complain. Their attitude was flabbergasting -- certainly NOT what you would expect at a so-called upscale resort. The kicker? When my husband pointed out that we were repeat customers, guess what the manager said? "Sir, we have a lot of those.".... Well, they now have two less.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Stayed here at a very reasonable price with family of 4 that included a 5 year old. Can not say enough about how nice, clean, very modern the two bedroom suite was. The rooms were all furnished with very nice furniture and the bathrooms were what you would find in an upscale hotel! The porch was just the best place to have dinner, relax and watch the boats. Landscaping/ grounds and pool area were very nice.The staff was exceptional. Will return!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Coral53
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My mom, brother and I stayed at Oceanside Marina Suites to celebrate my mom's birthday. The suite we got was on the 1st floor. The room was quite outdated and the hot tub in the room did not work. The upside was that all the suites come with a full kitchen, although the refrigerator was very loud. The first night we go to bed, we couldn't get to sleep until about 1am because the guests upstairs were extremely loud, they were running around and dropping things on the floor. My mom and I had to call the front office 3 times and ask them to resolve the issue. After the first night of torture, we went to the front desk to change to a suite upstairs. The manager at the front was a bit rude and actually called the suite that was upstairs to us in front of us. After she hung up, she said that suite upstairs was making no noise and the guest was upset she got woken up. It was horrible customer service from her, she was basically saying to us that we were lying, even though there were more complaints from that suite the night before from the rooms next to them. However, she ended up giving us a suite upstairs (no elevators). The view wasn't spectacular since we were facing the marina side. I was pretty upset that my mom's birthday weekend was ruined. The pictures on their website are pretty deceiving since most of the rooms don't look like the photos. The continental breakfast was also a disappointment, hot water for tea was yellow and had pieces coffee grounds. I would recommend that they update their rooms and better service. It's a shame that they are in a great location but the suites don't reach those standards.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank Catarina37
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I recently stayed at this establishment and have some mixed feelings. It was my birthday weekend and upon checking in we were informed that this company did not have both of our reservations. Made at the same time on the same confirmation! We were given an upgrade for the evening with a leaky sink and soaked carpet and with no real assurance the matter would be resolved come morning. We were informed the hotel was sold out. Although there is a minimum stay requirement they were able to give my mom a room just days before the event and even for just 1 night, despite there own 2 night stay minimum. Come my bday morning after some groveling we were given our room for which we had to move to with no elevators! The other 3 rooms in our party were beautiful and pretty contemparary. However, our room must have been the overflow room, circa 1990! I was so dissapointed. Someone in our party even offered to trade us. Overall it put a damper on our weekend, but luckily enough did not ruin it. They ought to work harder at updating their reservation system and keep all rooms at the same standards as to not have this happen again! The view is lovely, the 2 bedroom suite my parents stayed in was pretty amazing and I loved the bbqing pool area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2010

we walked in are room 224 and it had a old smell to it it was an old room,,,it smelled like a wet basement made my throat iicthing feeling all while we were there,,,it did have a wonderful view though,,,you leave come back thinking because it may have been closed for too long and by the 7 day you could still smell that smell,,,will not come again,,,could not get another room,,,never knew the that the pictures shown were theme rooms,,

• Stayed: June 2010