My husband and I stayed here because our son is a Marine, stationed at Camp Pendleton and he was returning from Aghanistan. I really read the reviews of everywhere around Oceanside, but what made me decide to stay here was the location. The view from our room, looking out on the water was just spectacular! We had a little lanai where we could sit and watch the boats coming in and out of the harbor. We booked a two bedroom, so our son could stay with us if wanted to get off the base. He stayed with us the 2nd night. He was so tired and jet lagged, he slept from 4:30 pm to 7 am the next day!
The place is worth anything for that view. My husband and I commented on what it must cost for the upkeep. It is obvious the salt air takes its toll, but the landscaping was beautiful, the restroom by the pool was spotless, and the room was huge! Yes, it needs to be updated, but the mattresses were wonderful, the sofa was great, there was a fireplace, which we didn't use, and the kitchen was an added bonus. Turns out, we only used the refrigerator for drinks, but it was a full size frig! The chairs were a speck to low for the table, but we didn't eat in. Internet service was spotty. It was fine the first day, the 2nd day didn't not so much.
I would not hesitate to come back here again if we get the chance. The location alone is worth the price! If the place was a 5 diamond, we wouldn't be able to afford to stay there!
The one place I looked forward for breakfast was the Longboarder Cafe, but it was empty, except for a ladder in the middle of the place. There were no signs explaining why it was closed. We ended up having breakfast at Flying Bridge. It looked like a diner inside, the waitress was so sweet, and the food was great! They gave us a military discount since our son is a Marine! We would go back there again, as well. Dinner was at Joe's Crabshack the 2nd night. Great service, delicious food!
One disappointment was the pool and jacuzzi were being renovated. I had been looking forward to the jacuzzi after a 9 hour drive, but I understood the reason for the repairs. The parking was fine. For people who are driving big cars or are worried about their parking skills, they should park in the upper lot as us first pull in. Everyone was so friendly, and as I said, our room couldn't have been better! It was exactly what we needed for the trip.
ps....I took great pictures, but for whatever reason, my computer isn't cooperating. If I get it working correctly, I will post the pics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oceanside Marina Suites is located on a private peninsula in the Oceanside Harbor. Surrounded by water on three sides our resort offers a host of amenities in a serene natural environment. Relax by the pool or your own private patio; stroll along the adjacent marina or shop and eat at the Marina Village. Our Boutique styled hotel is newly remodeled.We have large one & two bedroom suites with fireplaces and fully equipped kitchens, as well as regular standard rooms. Some suites offer an in-room spa for your private enjoyment. Our heated pool, spa ,sauna and Cabana Room are conveniently located on our spacious grounds. Relax in the gazebo and watch the boats navigate in and out of the harbor. Or, if you prefer, grill a steak at our pool side barbecue. Each morning savor our complimentary continental breakfast served by the pool.Located just 10 minutes from Legoland, you'll be away from the crowded San Diego Harbor and beaches. So, for an unbelievable waterfront vacation, come to the Oceanside Marina Suites. You'll be amazed at what a night or two will do for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Oceanside Marina Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanside Marina Hotel Oceanside
- Oceanside Marina Suites California