“Delicious Thai”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Traverse City, Michigan
“Delicious Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

A local recommended this location. Very unassuming in a mall. I had the tom kha and green curry with chicken and the DW had a lunch special chicken stir fry. Every thing was very good ( but not as great as our favorite Thai (Benjarone? on Lombard) in Frisco. Staff was friendly but not overly attentive (which seems to be my experience in Thai restaurants). Will eat here again once or twice during our month in Carlsbad.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bill H

Oceanside
“AUTHENTIC THAI FOOD! THE BEST IN THE COUNTY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Been there many times with guests and family and have never been disappointed. Having lived in Thailand I can vouch for its authenticity. BE ADVENTUROUS! Make sure its Thai spicy, an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Their whole fish with basil and garlic sauce, Thai beef salad, Green Papaya Salad, Coconut Soup (Tom Kha) with chicken, curry puffs and coconut ice cream, mango and sticky rice are great.
Pity they don’t offer fish cake. A great choice if you like the real McCoy. Forget the Chinese stuff. You are not supposed to be eating Chinese remember?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mkhaira894
California
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We chose this restaurant based on the reviews here. I think the title of this review pretty much sums up my opinion--good but not great. Definitely above average. However, the seasoning of the food could be better compared to other restaurants I've eaten at. The dishes we had were just a little bland. We started with won ton soup. The soup lacked flavor that I'm used to getting. Chicken satay was fine. Garlic pepper chicken was ok too. The seafood combo was good but also lacked some flavor. All this for just under $50 before tip. The service was fine, but the table for 4 was quite small and we barely had room for all the dishes. So if you have a craving for Thai food, this place will fit the bill, just expect good food not great.

• Visited August 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Skeptical to try but glad I trusted the reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I don't claim to be an expert on Thai food or curry or anything else for that matter, but this place was awesome. I was in the mood for a good curry tonight so I opened my TripAdvisor app to find a Thai restaurant nearby. This one had good reviews so I gave it a shot. As a previous user mentioned, restaurants in a strip mall can be hit or miss.

The menu had several options, but I ended up ordering the Chili Shrimp Delight from the House Specialties menu. (I figured I'd see what they considered special.) The server asked what level of heat I wanted on a scale of 1-10 so we agreed that I'd try 10 since I love spicy food. I was skeptical when it was delivered within a minute, but I just figured they prepared it beforehand and then added spice. I was setting myself up for disappointment, I guess. All I can say is that it was spot on delicious - the best curry that I've ever had. I'm only visiting from Knoxville, TN right now, but I'd gladly go here again if I'm back in the area. If I were to write a one word review, it would be, "Go."

• Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“You'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

My friend, John, suggested we have lunch at Ocean Thai Cuisine, in Oceanside, CA. Not a frequent Thai diner, I relied on my friend's recommendation. To put it simply, I've been back a half-dozen times in the past two months, and I brought more friends.

Sometimes these storefront restaurants don't get noticed as well as the free-standing buildings. But, from a quality standpoint, Ocean Thai Cuisine should stand out. The restaurant is very clean. The food is fresh and tasty. They even give you a choice of "heat quotient" from 1 - 10. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. It's the kind of place you can recommend to others, and know they will be pleased.

• Visited November 2012