“Great hotel”

Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We got the King Bed Suite with the 2 Person Whirlpool for 200 on a Saturday night for our anniversary. There is a big wall mounted TV that turns so you can watch it while in the spa tub or in bed. The room was very clean and it had a pull out sofa, coffee table, dresser, two night stands, office desk, air cooler/ heater, microwave, fridge, and coffee pot. Bathroom was really nice and clean. When we arrived at the hotel at 11:00 am they let us park and walk to the beach no problem. When we walked back to check in at 3:30 they told us it would be another hour before our room was ready. It was a little irritating because we wanted to shower, but they made up for it by giving us a really late check out for free. The spa tub is hard to turn on and off. you have to push the button hard several times before it responds. Not a big deal. The free breakfast was good but pretty crowded so it goes faster than it can be refilled. I was impressed by the woman taking care of the breakfast room, she was running around as fast as she could to take care of everything. Great price for such a huge room and a very nice hotel. Only a few blocks from the beach, easy walk. Close to lots of restaurants bars and other stuff to do. We walked everywhere. Really great staff, very friendly. Overall we were very happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Given the low cost of the hotel we weren't sure what to expect.

The rooms were clean and the beds really comfortable. We loved the breakfast. Although it was so good that it was over crowded. They need to find more seating or a more efficient set up. Large line ups.

The pool was good, could be warmer. The hot tub was so hot it burned my husbands legs and it made my skin really itchy.

Great value on the coast. You could walk to the beach if you don't have little kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Before I write about the hotel, I've got to tell you about the hardest working staff member I've ever seen work a 'free breakfast' room. The front desk told me her name was Carintina. She was so efficient & courteous. She hustled around the room wiping tables, refilling items before they went low always with a smile and friendly greeting the all the strangers coming in her area. I've seen a lot of breakfast rooms and the staff members run from indifferent to surly. She is the exemplar.
The hotel is very clean inside and out with comfortable beds, but tricky to find. We exited the free way, I could see the building from the ramp before we got to the stop light. A left turn took us in the right direction but also past the hotel. Another quick left and turn around got us to a side street which took us down a residential street to the hotel.
We walked to the harbor shops and restaurants. It would be an easy drive, but we were tired of the car and parking can be a hassle in popular places.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from some top floor rooms. Some face the freeway, ours didn't so I can...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank closch7
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is overpriced for what you get. You're too far from the ocean to really walk, the breakfast is so-so and the service is terrible. Our first night the sink backed up from someone else's shower. We were alerted to it when it overflowed the sink and was pouring onto the floor while we laid in bed. My wife and I managed to bail out the sink with our ice bucket and used all of our towels to clean up the mess. We phoned the front desk for maintenance and he phoned back 10 minutes later to say he couldn't get a hold of anyone. We asked for more towels and he said "sure, come on down." So I had to go down and retrieve towels from the front desk. After looking it became obvious this sink overflow was an ongoing problems as the bathroom tiles had begun lifting and cracking and shifted when you walked on them.

As we checked out the Asst. Manager was at the desk and i asked if she had found out why the sink overflowed. She said she knew nothing about it and checked the notes book and there was nothing recorded. She said that because we pre-paid our room she could do nothing for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My 2 teenagers and I stayed for 2 nights while visiting the local beaches. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable size. The hotel was convenient to the beaches although not walking distance. The staff recommended a nice Italian restaurant, Venetos, in walking distance which was just what we were looking for. The complimentary breakfast was pretty typical.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel for several nights in June. The lobby is very pretty and the rooms are large, comfortable and clean. Most of the staff was pleasant and helpful, although some staff members seemed more interested in texting. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The one negative I have to say about this hotel is its location. It is situated right next to a very shady motel whose clientele left something to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family stayed at this hotel June 7th -9th when we went on a long awaited visit to Legoland. After I checked in, we were bringing our luggage in from the car and my 8 year old got sick right near the door. When I went and told the young man that had checked me in about the mess he said it was no problem. He then came outside to bring a water bottle to my son and see how he was doing. He must have overheard my son ask me for something to wipe his mouth because when I was trying to find the tissues in my bag he magically appeared with napkins. He also refused our offer to clean up the mess saying he'd take care of it. His kindness will not soon be forgotten. He made a rough start to our vacation much more tolerable. Thank you!

This was our first stay at this hotel and we will definitely go back! Our room had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. The bedding was awesome (no yucky comforter) and the amount of pillows was insane. They have two pillows per person so you can choose a soft or firm pillow. Nice touch. :) We chose a room on the top floor even though it was near the freeway. The window is near the on-ramp to the freeway, but we only noticed slight noise when it was a truck or motorcycle accelerating. Just choose a room away from the freeway if you want to avoid this. If you're wondering about the bathroom like I was, it is very nice as well. It has a long granite counter with one sink and plenty of room left over for the coffee maker and toiletries. It has a granite tub/shower combo which is nice for families with younger children. The water temperature was steady each time we used it. The toilet is in-between the shower and counter.

The breakfast choices were plentiful. You can make your own waffles (regular or blueberry) and other hot choices were eggs, hash brown patties, and bacon. They also had hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels & cream cheese, toast, danishes, muffins, cereal, and oatmeal. Drinks were orange or cranberry juice, coffee, tea, and milk. The breakfast room was a little small, but there was room to sit both days we were there. However, one morning we ate in our room. I used the tray from under the coffee pot in our room to carry the food up from the breakfast room.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and we will definitely stay here again next time we are in Oceanside!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family