“Not as nice as I thought”

Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
“Not as nice as I thought”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I walked in and this place looked worn out. The carpets in the hall
looked really dirty. The entrance to my "presidential suite" had major scratches on the door from people's luggage. The main bedroom was great minus that the TV reception was not always working. The pull out sofa bed in the living room area was so uncomfortable that we were not able to sleep & we woke up with a back ache. They put us in the second floor in a room probably under a family which were jumping around until thankfully 11pm. The pool & jacuzzi were ok. You have to remember you are right next to the freeway so as you sit in the pool you hear all the car noise.
On a positive note, the included breakfast was good. We loved that we could make our own waffles in the waffle machine. They had fresh fruit, bagels, sausage, eggs , yogert etc.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at Marina Comfort Suites for a couple of night at the end of July 2014 for work. The assistant manager Zeidy Ramirez was very pleasant in checking me in. I ended up getting Room 326, which is a jacuzzi suite with an office area and balcony!

After entering the room, the bathroom is to the right, then a closet with a safe, ironing board, and iron. The jacuzzi is next, then a queen size bed with two night stands, a big screen TV, 3 shelves, a mini refrigerator, and microwave.

The bed was so comfortable! They let you pick your own perfect pillow. They placed two soft pillows in the front, and 3 firm pillows in the back.

In the bathroom, there's a large counter with a coffee maker, cups, ice bucket, plastic cups, and a hair dryer attached to the wall. Toiletries are Hair & Body Therapeutics brand – shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup remover, body soap, and facial soap.

There's a separate room with a desk, lamp, sofa sleeper, and table. A window and balcony has nice views of the beach.

I used the jacuzzi in my suite both nights. The jets were not that strong, like most jacuzzis. It was more of stream of water coming out of the jets.

The hotel has free parking, free wifi, an outdoor pool, and hot tub. There's a free hot breakfast 6:30 – 9:30am. The breakfast room is pretty small and I read that it can be crowded, so went before 7am, and it just started to get crowded. They had scrambled eggs, sausage links, make-your-own waffles. In a refrigerator, they had yogurt (strawberry and strawberry/banana), cream cheese, butter, and hard boiled eggs. They also had fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), bagels and pastries, 3 different dry cereal, coffee, cranberry juice. The second morning, I went to breakfast at 7and it wasn't that crowded. The two proteins were scrambled egg pancakes and bacon.

The fitness room is on the 1st floor and is open 24 hours. It's fairly small, with a stairmaster, workout bench, stationary bike, and a Universal workout machine. There's workout towels you can use, as well as alkaline drinking water. I wish there were free weights to work out with.

There's a business center with a computer and printer. You can also email a document to the front desk and they'll print it out for you.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JennShio
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in Oceanside to attend a funeral and since we had good results with Comfort Suites in the past, choose this one. It looks like it is being refurbished a bit on inside as it is an older one. The room was smaller than others we have been in and although clean and tidy we found the employees bored and inattentive with their job at the front desk to the point of rudeness. When we checked in, the girl ignored us while on a personal call, no smiles, no welcome. There also was no coffee/tea table in lobby available for guests throughout the day or night as in other Comfort Suites. In the morning we went into breakfast room and found it very unkempt and too warm to even sit so left without eating or even a coffee as the machine was dirty. Overall, not a good experience and will not return to that hotel again. Will add that the entrance to get into the hotel was also very difficult.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrswilderness2016
Prescott, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stay here several times each year.
A Front Desk person who has helped so much on every visit (Zeidy) has been promoted! It's always a mark of a good hotel when exceptional staff stay and move up the ladder.
Rooms are great.
Location is close to I-5 but no freeway noise.
We visited, Zoo, Botanical Gardens & Scripps.
Breakfast room is sometimes crowded and one of the b'fast servers is a bit too hurried.(As they say: "More Haste - Less Speed")
We'll be back soon - what better recommendation can I give?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ONLY2B
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My mom and I had a weekend in Oceanside and really enjoyed our stay here. It was all very clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. I even slept on the hideaway and it was very comfortable. We spent some time at the pool and enjoyed that as well. Location is very convenient for getting around especially to Camp Pendleton. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

While a little hard to get to from I-5, it is very easy to get back on the freeway. Rooms seem to be updated from other Comfort Suites I have stayed in...very clean. Best new addition? The chair for the working desk..it actually raises up to a working level instead of feeling like I am working from the floor! Workout room has a universal-style machine as well as elliptical and cycle. Breakfast room is clean but fills up pretty quickly as this is a family-oriented hotel. Brief walk to the Oceanside Pier but like all beach-side properties you have the occasional "beach bums". Value-wise a good deal for this close to the beach.

Room Tip: While close to the freeway, I did not hear much noise. I would pick an upper floor as there is a lo...