“Good Food, Great Value, Awesome Beer Specials!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ojai Beverage Company
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Morro Bay, California
“Good Food, Great Value, Awesome Beer Specials!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

First Sundays have 1/2 price beers and the OBC brewed beers are well brewed and tasty. 4-7 happy hour of $1 off drinks and 1/2 price apps are great specials. The pretzel sticks with dipping sauces are very filling. The burger well cooked and well seasoned. They have over 20 beers on draft and an attached beer store that you can take individual and 6 packs home from practically everywhere in the world, seemed like they had over 200+ different beers. They offer take out but be cautioned---they don't provide plastic ware!!! What??? We were told the owner didn't want to pay the expense...but yet they offer take out? The bartender even made a joke about it and said I could scoop it into my mouth from the container and use my hands. We were on vacation at a little hotel up the street and were told if we wahnted to borrow a fork and bring it back, we could. This would have been nice to know this BEFORE I ordered a salad which I wasn't able to eat and throw out most of my dinner because all liquor stores and the front desk were closed by the time I gotta take out (and two people came up as ordered dinners after me and got them before I even got my food). Bartender made a little up for it by offering me a free beer, but I was hungry and my wife was back at the room hungry! Good visit but needs some TLC!

• Visited June 2013

Vista, California
“The difference a year can make”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We first time we visited OBC was last summer, 2012. We visited twice last summer, and both times enjoyed the food and brew so much we were looking forward to coming back this year. We were stunned by the contrast when we visited on May 6. We were first surprised that they removed one section of the bar to put in hard liquor. The place smelled like garbage and spilled beer. Perhaps Cinco de Mayo overwhelmed the place. The beer selection contained way too many sweet "trippel" style beers, so I settled for a pint of an IPA that the waitress recommended (and it was the only good thing that happened). We ordered an 11 dollar tri-tip panini sandwich to share. The sandwich was so overdone I snapped the bread in half as a demonstration for the waitress and the echo of the bread cracking could be heard over the loud chatter of the folks drinking the hard liquor at the bar. The meat had the texture of shoe leather. This was the first time in my life that I ever returned a meal. The waitress asked if we would like something else instead. No, my appetite was spoiled. I just paid for the beer. It was also puzzling that there was a single person to serve at the bar, the tables, and to watch the store front. A guy waiting to buy beverages at the front desk threw up his hands and left. Sorry to say we won't be back to OBC the next time we visit Ojai.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“A nice, very informal local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

A wine and beer shop (with an unbelievable collection of brews) that has a restaurant and bar at the back. Be prepared to wait as this is a very reasonably priced spot with good food and a large local following.

Visited January 2013
Camarillo, California
“Bountiful beverages with a hidden restaurant gem in the back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

OBC begins as an alcohol retailer with an extensive selection of quality wines, beers and alcohol. But there is an added bonus. In the back of the store there is a small restaurant space serving some very tasty food and a selection of 20 beers on tap, including their own label. The burgers, salads and sandwiches are all tasty, interesting and good values for the money. I typically sit at the small bar, but there are also tables inside plus the patio area which is dog-friendly by the way. One thing to note though, Ojai can get very busy, especially during 3-day weekends. Because OBC is small and has a kitchen to match should you go during a busy period expect service and your food to be delayed. On a recent visit, I waited almost an hour just to get a burger. Fortunately there were interesting people at the bar to talk with.

• Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Food was delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I bicycled in from Ventura and had lunch at this place because of a local recommendation. While I did not drink any alcohol, there are plenty of choices...beer on tap, in the kooler, and lots of wine bottles to choose from also. I had one of my best meals in CA. The fish tacos were delicious, substantial, and would order it again if in the area. My partner enjoyed the wrap with eggplant and peppers, etc. and that was tasty too. They were doing some construction, but I could imagine this place really hopping with music and plenty of people later in the day. Didn't check it out; back on the bicycle.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ojai Beverage Company? Share your experiences!