“Okay”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We walked in thinking it was a wine store and noticed the small restaurant in the rear which led to even more seating out of a side door. We decided to have a glass of wine and sangria with truffle fries.

The truffle fries were so-so. My friend enjoyed her Zinfandel. My sangria was meh.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I love walking thru the store looking at all the amazing wines and then sitting in the back, sometimes enjoying a wine tasting and delicious small entrees. I like small entrees and it is just a fun place.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

On a recent trip to California, we had planned a stay in Ojai as a last stop before flying out of LA,. So I reasearched TA for some places to have dinner and enjoy beer and wine tasting. We were NOT disappointed. This place is awesome. The front of the store/reataurant has a HUGE and I mean HUGE selection of beer and wine. There is a bar in the back with some tables, but it was really loud so we retreated to the "patio." I was hoping for outdoor dining, but instead there were ceiling fans and large windows so we could enjoy the setting sun. It was extremely hot in there, but we still enjoyed it. We ordered samplings of beer and wine since we couldn't decide which ones to try. The waitress was wonderiful in helping my husband select which beers he wanted to sample and he was very pleased with the choices. I had the turkey burgerr, which was awesome. My husband had the 50/50 burger. He declared it the best meal he had since we got to California. I'm just sad that we live 1500 miles away and can't go back. If we lived closer, we would be there every week. Yes, service was a bit slow, but it gave us time to enjoy and savor our beer and wine tastings and soak up the atmosphere. So if you want a meal in a hurry, maybe a fast food restaurant would be a better choice.

Oh, they have a Facebook page too so I would suggest you check that out too.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

They are not quick with anything except delivering beer. We ordered a salad, 2 kids meals and two sandwiches and it took over 30 minutes after we ordered and told them we were going to leave if it wasn't ready soon, as our kids were falling asleep waiting for dinner. We didn't order any alcoholic drinks, but that is the one thing that we saw the wait staff delivering by hand, 2 at a time, back and forth. Food is decent, but not worth the wait and the restaurant itself is nothing special to look at. The family section looks like an add on that they enclosed.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had purchased a Groupon for a 'burger and a 5-glass taster flight of craft beers' and it was going to expire soon, so off we went to Ojai Beverage Company. We live in Ojai and hadn't been in the place for years. Big mistake! New owners have transformed the retail store part into one with a fantastic section of beers and wines and other spirits. And they added a small restaurant in the back. Even at 2:00 in the afternoon it was busy - a good sign. We ordered our burgers and picked out our five beers to taste. There were at least 20 selections to choose from on the board - including light beers, dark beers, wheat beers, a raspberry beer and even a pear cider. Our server was very helpful and really knew her beer! The burgers were cooked to perfection and the Cajun fries were very tasty. I think the only drawback was that our beers came right away and the food took much longer. Our little glasses of beer got warm. In the future we will just ask for our beer to be brought with our food - or just get two beers! And there WILL be a next time - soon!