“Cute !”
Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was fun, the menu was creative and lots of choices. The featured meal, the Hip Wrap, was too spicy indicating that they didn't have the confidence they should have in the tasty veggies. The tofu sandwich was excellent and I consider myself a tofu guru. the staff is friendly and obviously very involved in the whole process. Although a busy street address, it is located in the back where it is quiet and the pace is slow.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This restaurant is great. The food is so fresh and good. Had the salad sampler with the miso-ginger dressing...superb! Love the raw crackers with this.
Nice patio. Clean and nice and the staff is so friendly but professional too!
Love this place and we will be back!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

... will linger on as one extra-ordinary memory!
Was there for lunch, had today's special: their spinach and artichoke quiche. With salad, tamarind vinaigrette. A very simple meal turned into a delicious event: the crust of the quiche was made of spelt and corn meal (had to ask after eating it), crumbly and mailing for an exquisite combination with the spinach, artichoke and cheese. My friend had their miso soup, which I got a taste of, and I found that taste also to be flavorful and quite wholesome. Not a traditional Japanese miso soup, but their chef's variation loaded with hearty freshness.
Dogs are welcome on the outdoors patio areas, which is quit sweet (if you like dogs, that is!)
It was my second visit there.

I'll be back soon, and looking forward to it.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

the food is so fresh and so yummy. You leave there feeling like you just did something really nice for yourself. The salad sampler is the best. Very nice, knowledgeable staff! Not hard ot find at all! It is slightly behind a store right on the main street in Ojai. You walk through a garden and there it is.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I sought this place out on a very hot day in mid-September, after walking about 1.5 miles from the Ojai Valley Inn. It was totally worth it. I had trouble deciding what to get, so I ordered a Macro wrap grilled seitan, seaweed and sauerkraut), a 3-Scoop Salad (fresh greens, shredded carrots, three kinds of dip and crackers) and a carrot juice to go. Everything was absolutely delicious. I made the mistake of offering my meat-loving husband a bite of my wrap and he loved it so much I almost didn't get any of it back! The dips for the salad were fresh and delicious - I plan to beg them for their recipe! Well worth a stop if you are in the area, whether you are vegetarian or not.

1  Thank skatcat

Been to Hip Vegan Cafe? Share your experiences!