“I enjoyed it, my wife not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Camarillo, California
“I enjoyed it, my wife not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in after a wonderful couples massage at the nearby day spa. I had the Mexican bowl and a great red ale and my wife had the Indo wrap. Whereas I thought the taste and presentation were good, my wife found everything to be a little lackluster. Personally, I would give this place 5 stars but the ants by the silverware and cups turned me off.

Los Angeles, California
“Great menu and delicious food, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

So glad we got to eat here while visiting Ojai. I had the Indo wrap and my partner had an Asian style tofu burger. The side salad was fresh and delicious and the cilantro-lime dressing was excellent on it too. The lentil soup was also tasty. My wrap was bursting with one great flavor after the next, veggies and tempeh. It came with an amazing peanut-coconut sauce, too. I wish this place was right near my house, as I would be here everyday! They had so many yummy sounding things on their menu, I wanted to stay and try more, (yet sadly I was too full from my Indo wrap).

Kudos to a Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant super well-done, with an excellent menu and loads to choose from! You guys knocked it out of the park!

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Cute !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was fun, the menu was creative and lots of choices. The featured meal, the Hip Wrap, was too spicy indicating that they didn't have the confidence they should have in the tasty veggies. The tofu sandwich was excellent and I consider myself a tofu guru. the staff is friendly and obviously very involved in the whole process. Although a busy street address, it is located in the back where it is quiet and the pace is slow.

• Visited December 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Not Just For Vegans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This restaurant is great. The food is so fresh and good. Had the salad sampler with the miso-ginger dressing...superb! Love the raw crackers with this.
Nice patio. Clean and nice and the staff is so friendly but professional too!
Love this place and we will be back!

• Visited December 2013
ojai, california
“a quiche like this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

... will linger on as one extra-ordinary memory!
Was there for lunch, had today's special: their spinach and artichoke quiche. With salad, tamarind vinaigrette. A very simple meal turned into a delicious event: the crust of the quiche was made of spelt and corn meal (had to ask after eating it), crumbly and mailing for an exquisite combination with the spinach, artichoke and cheese. My friend had their miso soup, which I got a taste of, and I found that taste also to be flavorful and quite wholesome. Not a traditional Japanese miso soup, but their chef's variation loaded with hearty freshness.
Dogs are welcome on the outdoors patio areas, which is quit sweet (if you like dogs, that is!)
It was my second visit there.

I'll be back soon, and looking forward to it.

• Visited November 2013