Ojai Rancho Inn
US$454
US$414
OjaiResort.com
Great 4.5/5
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$225
Average 3/5
The Capri(Ojai)
US$121
Good 3.5/5
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Travelocity
US$67
US$115
Hotels.com
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$87
Good 3.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspool areahipster vibespace heatercute placequick getawayrecord playerstayed one nightsanta barbaralos angelesjacuzzimotelpalokitchenettelawnbikerelaxationlodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We booked two rooms here for four days during a family wedding. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The location, right on the main highway, was convenient. We had two rooms away from the road and heard no road noise. The big beds were comfortable and the decor very cute...sort of 1930's western. The lighting i the room is inadequate for the size and color of the room. The bathrooms are tiny but do the job. There is a coveredporch with outside seating i front of each room and an ice machine in a separate buldingnear the ,ovely outside pool. There are multiple Weber barbecues i the pool area,a shuffleboard p,aying area, and FREE bikes to ride ona very extensive and prettybike trail. One of our rooms was billed as having a " full kitchen" which was stretching the term....dorm-sized refrigerator, small stove and sink. You will need to bring most of what you would need to USE the kitchen, however, as there was only a pan and a scattering of utensils. Air conditioning,ay be inadequate for the space once it gets over 80 degrees. This makes a great family stay, especially if you have children. Its not a typical Holiday Inn kind of lodging. Pet friendly, lovely cactii lanscaping. Hot tub in the non- kichen room did not heat adequately.

Room Tip: Room #6 has mini-kichen and an interior door to room #5, which has a hot tub in the room. The only downside (or upside if you are a family) is that the gate to the fenced pool area is right next to the room. The pool area is accessed by a coded gate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Had to book last minute hotel in Ojai and the only place available was this motel. I booked the room then I looked at the recent reviews on TA and place didn't sound to bad. Unfortunately I guess I was at a different motel then the recent reviews because my room was a big disappointment all around. Let my just mention a few problem areas, the air conditioner unit was too small for the room and was not able to cool the room down. Inadequate lighting in the room which made the room very dark at night and the dark walls didn't help. The bed was too large for the room and not very comfortable. The bathroom was a joke, small and not user friendly at all and I loved the simple plywood door from the bedroom into the bathroom, real classy. This motel is not setback from the road and my room was close to this main road into Ojai and it was noisy all night. Yes, there was a new large flat screen TV in the room, I'll give you that, but that's about all. I paid $180 for this room and It really wasn't worth $49, but with all the other hotels full in town they stick it to you. I can't recommend this motel and if it's the only hotel with available rooms in Ojai I would suggest you stay in Ventura.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 28 May 2013

So, you pull up to the Ojai Rancho Inn and you think, 'ugh a motel' and 'this is going to be provisional but not charming.' Then you go into the office to check in and realize that it's way more than meets the eye on the outside.

The owners really were very smart and absolutely got the most possible out of the infrastructure. Yes, it was obviously once a motel motor court type thing. But the rooms are super cute and charming. Huge comfy and super cute bed. Bath with jacuzzi in room. Terrific pool. Great location right along both the main road and the bike path. Speaking of which, free bikes you can borrow and use on the bike path.

If you want super luxury, then, no, don't go here. But if you want to have a really nice time in Ojai with some serious cuteness at less of a price tag than the Inn & Spa, you should definitely consider this place. NB: They do not offer food, but they do put out coffee & tea in the morning. Also, did I mention the free loaner bikes?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We arrived in Ojai a bit road-weary and pulled into the first motel we found. We couldn't have been happier with our one night stay. The desk staff were friendly and offered us one of the middle rooms with king bed and jacuzzi at no extra charge. Clean, comfortable room with nice decoration and new flatscreen TV. Reasonable rates.

We enjoyed a morning swim in the pool (beach towels provided) and will have to go back to try the sauna, BBQs, shuffleboard, campfire, and bicycles.

My only complaint is minor: bathroom towels could be upgraded, as they are getting a little threadbare.

Room Tip: Middle room on the same side as the office was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I found this "gem" on the net doing a search for hotel in Ojai (a place I have never been to)... so glad I did! I went into it blindly.

The staff was great. The grounds and room is very nice. The bed ROCKED! I'm 6'-6" and love a bed that fits :)

They even have bikes that you can use, free of charge, to ride around town. So cool!

I will be returning soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo