“Quietly in the Middle of it ALL”
Review of The Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
The Lavender Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Ventura, California
“Quietly in the Middle of it ALL”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Finding the lavender Inn was so simple. The location was only one block off the beaten path. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. My room had a private bath and a balcony. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The staff made me feel like I was family. With all my weird food requirements I thought someone would roll their eyes, but everyone was very accomadating and the food was amazing. I even came home with a recipe for mushroom soup that I fell in love with. Walking around Ojai was lovely and coming home to the Lavender Inn was the best!

Room Tip: You may be asked if you require a television to fall asleep, whether you want an attached bath or pr...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Lavender Inn for a getaway together for 2 nights. I walked in and they made me feel comfortable right away. I don't eat breakfasts but I couldn't resist. It was a huge breakfast, but every dish was delish! Weate on the veranda and the weather was perfect and the waterfall sound made us feel like we were in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: I always look for a place to stay where I can walk to everything and don't have to get in my car...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

What a beautiful atmosphere and a fantastic, healthy, organic and creative breakfast. The clientele were very interesting and worldly. Such a pleasure to stay and would most definitely come back again. The staff were amazing and so were the grounds. Everyone should experience the Lavendar Inn.

• Stayed January 2014
San Diego
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I appreciate B&Bs. My husband made last minute arrangements for New Year's Eve to stay at the Lavender Inn. The location is amazing and relaxing. The food was absolutely superb.

I do have few comments/critiques - 1) the rooms are not individually heated, and I was extremely cold when trying to sleep 2) the walls are thin -- and I don't know if everyone was "ringing in the new year" in their own special way, but we ... uncomfortably ... heard some things we wished we had not.

I'm used to walls being thin at B&Bs, so it's more of an observation -- given the new year, maybe the lack of privacy was just more obvious.

I must say, though, we loved the place and would stay again. It's charming, and calming and beautiful. The host that checked us in and arranged the wine hour and breakfast was a nice woman - and really did make us feel like family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacquelyn_San_Diego
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We celebrated our 1st anniversary in Ojai and stayed at the Lavender Inn.I loved the beautiful flower arrangements and the cozy living room. It was a comfortable spot to enjoy the fireplace or play a game of chess. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast is superb. The food will far exceed your expectations! The Inn is centrally located to all the shops, restaurants and Farmer's market. It's the jewel of Ojai.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vall0s
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at the Lavender Inn in Ojai. We fell in love with the comfortable setting, close proximity to everything, great gourmet breakfast, and friendly/helpful staff. Each room is designed for comfort as well as beauty. We had a beautiful view from our balcony of the Topa Topa mountains. There are special touches everywhere in this beautiful home, from the beautiful flower arrangements in each room to the art work and furnishings.
It was a great setting to spend with my husband as well as coming back to spend time with "the girl". I will be coming back with my husband and dog and experiencing a stay in the "cottage" room, and a weekend with a group of my girlfriends to occupy the whole house for ourselves.
My husband and I HIGHLY recommend a stay at this exceptional Inn. I cannot say one thing negative about this B&B.

Room Tip: Topa room had a great view of the mountains and looking into the town. Most rooms had a comfy balco...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paulette D
California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came to the Lavender Inn for a personal retreat to relax and renew because of a very stressful life. I found that the innkeepers, food, beautiful environment and comfort provided it all for me. The gourmet breakfasts were superb and the Lavender Room was clean, comfortable and pretty and I made good use of the balcony that overlooked the beautiful gardens. Mrs. Hope and Tia, the occasional house cat and dog were added delights. I will definitely be back again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo