“Excellent spa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Ojai
San Francisco, California
“Excellent spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a beautiful place. I could live there. The services were great, but the location is what I loved the most. I would recommend this place for relaxation.

Visited August 2012

Santa Clarita, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Even first-class resorts can fumble”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I've visited the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa as a day spa visitor twice. The facility is unparalleled and the grounds serene and classic California beautiful, with mountain vistas, ancient oaks and mission-style architecture. However, I recently discovered that even a first-class resort can fumble both service and customer service.

The Kuyam, a group spa experience billed as meditative, did not properly instruct guests on the protocol so there was loud talking and laughing throughout, pretty much spoiling the experience. Afterwards, my friend's assigned shower did not work and during the treatment her key was lost and her robe accidentally switched with someone else. Ewwwww. That's just gross. People are naked under that robe. Worse, the attendant lied about the switched robe. A visit to management yielded a wishy-washy apology and no attempt to make things right (taking the mandatory gratuity off the tab for example, or offering some sort of discount on lunch or incentive to come back). It was the kind of customer service I would expect at McDonalds, not the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but this trip was disappointing. Was it just an unfortunate series of events? Probably. Does there need to be a review of the robe tagging system in the treatment room? Absolutely. Did management act from a customer-service perspective? Nope. Will I go back? Maybe, maybe not.

2 Thank OhKellyTravels
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Artists cottage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

First, I had a great massage at the spa, but my best experience was at the artist's cottage. The class was mixed media and I learned enough to enable me to go home and buy the right products to begin doing it on my own.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Christina G
Dana Point, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

The spa is beautiful and the people that worked there are so friendly and there was nothing that they were not willing to provide. The facials are wonderful and the honey orange blossom wrap is very different but worth it.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, CA
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

The OVI Spa is one of the few Spa's that both my wife and I enjoy. Their staff is first class meaning that whatever service you purchase is first rate. I even attended a class in Yoga - which my wife kept up with and I struggled. Would do it again.

Visited September 2012