“Fabulous body treatments”
Review of Spa Ojai

Spa Ojai
Ranked #2 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Ojai
Reviewed 26 April 2013

All of the massages and body treatments were excellent! The spa staff and technicians are friendly and professional. The spa products are high quality.

There are newer reviews for Spa Ojai

Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a beautiful place. I could live there. The services were great, but the location is what I loved the most. I would recommend this place for relaxation.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I've visited the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa as a day spa visitor twice. The facility is unparalleled and the grounds serene and classic California beautiful, with mountain vistas, ancient oaks and mission-style architecture. However, I recently discovered that even a first-class resort can fumble both service and customer service.

The Kuyam, a group spa experience billed as meditative, did not properly instruct guests on the protocol so there was loud talking and laughing throughout, pretty much spoiling the experience. Afterwards, my friend's assigned shower did not work and during the treatment her key was lost and her robe accidentally switched with someone else. Ewwwww. That's just gross. People are naked under that robe. Worse, the attendant lied about the switched robe. A visit to management yielded a wishy-washy apology and no attempt to make things right (taking the mandatory gratuity off the tab for example, or offering some sort of discount on lunch or incentive to come back). It was the kind of customer service I would expect at McDonalds, not the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but this trip was disappointing. Was it just an unfortunate series of events? Probably. Does there need to be a review of the robe tagging system in the treatment room? Absolutely. Did management act from a customer-service perspective? Nope. Will I go back? Maybe, maybe not.

2  Thank OhKellyTravels
Reviewed 15 September 2012

First, I had a great massage at the spa, but my best experience was at the artist's cottage. The class was mixed media and I learned enough to enable me to go home and buy the right products to begin doing it on my own.

1  Thank Christina G
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The spa is beautiful and the people that worked there are so friendly and there was nothing that they were not willing to provide. The facials are wonderful and the honey orange blossom wrap is very different but worth it.

Been to Spa Ojai? Share your experiences!