“Top-notch, professional body treatments, a wonderful indulgence”
Review of Spa Ojai

Spa Ojai
Ranked #2 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Ojai
Los Angeles, California
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Top-notch, professional body treatments, a wonderful indulgence”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and a female friend enjoyed several body treatments at Spa Ojai, in the Ojai Valley Inn resort, during out stay there. They reported a wonderful experience with very professional, well-trained spa personnel. Our friend is a masseuse herself, and she bragged about the treatment she received at Spa Ojai. They both began with massages and body treatments, but my wife also booked a reflexology session and reported that the reflexologist honed right in on her ailment and was very good. The spa facilities are pleasant and state of the art, and in addition to the lounge, gender-specific locker rooms and treatment areas, there is a gym, lap pool, relaxation pool, even a healthy little restaurant. You do spend some money here, but it is a worthwhile indulgence!

Visited April 2013

Atascadero, California
“Fabulous body treatments”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

All of the massages and body treatments were excellent! The spa staff and technicians are friendly and professional. The spa products are high quality.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Excellent spa”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a beautiful place. I could live there. The services were great, but the location is what I loved the most. I would recommend this place for relaxation.

Visited August 2012
Santa Clarita, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Even first-class resorts can fumble”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I've visited the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa as a day spa visitor twice. The facility is unparalleled and the grounds serene and classic California beautiful, with mountain vistas, ancient oaks and mission-style architecture. However, I recently discovered that even a first-class resort can fumble both service and customer service.

The Kuyam, a group spa experience billed as meditative, did not properly instruct guests on the protocol so there was loud talking and laughing throughout, pretty much spoiling the experience. Afterwards, my friend's assigned shower did not work and during the treatment her key was lost and her robe accidentally switched with someone else. Ewwwww. That's just gross. People are naked under that robe. Worse, the attendant lied about the switched robe. A visit to management yielded a wishy-washy apology and no attempt to make things right (taking the mandatory gratuity off the tab for example, or offering some sort of discount on lunch or incentive to come back). It was the kind of customer service I would expect at McDonalds, not the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but this trip was disappointing. Was it just an unfortunate series of events? Probably. Does there need to be a review of the robe tagging system in the treatment room? Absolutely. Did management act from a customer-service perspective? Nope. Will I go back? Maybe, maybe not.

2 Thank OhKellyTravels
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Artists cottage”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

First, I had a great massage at the spa, but my best experience was at the artist's cottage. The class was mixed media and I learned enough to enable me to go home and buy the right products to begin doing it on my own.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Christina G

Been to Spa Ojai? Share your experiences!