“Great Mexican Food, Fresh Homemade Tortillas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Valle Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Cleveland, OH
“Great Mexican Food, Fresh Homemade Tortillas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I got take out from La Valle, when staying nearby at the Ojai Valley Resort & Spa. At first, I thought the concept pretty odd - Mexican AND Italian food? The menu reads like a mashup of two cultures. But - hey - these are my two favorite types of food, so it could either be really great or really confusing. It turned out to be the former. I called ahead to find out if the tortillas (homemade) were gluten free - the person who answered the phone was friendly and went to ask - returning to confirm that they were. Yea! They also have gluten free pasta for the Italian dishes.
I ordered a simple plate of enchiladas, with rice and beans.
The restaurant is located toward the end of town, next to a spa, with an outdoor patio and indoor dining space. The staff was extremely friendly. My food cost $9 total!! This is a total bargain in Ojai. Everything was excellent, from the rice to the black beans held in a fried homemade corn tortilla, to the delicious enchiladas in green sauce. One of the most authentic and truly Mexican meals I've had outside of Mexico.
Yum, yum and worth a stop.

• Visited April 2014

Ojai, California
“Best Kept Secret ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

La Valle restaurant is a very nice place, with choice of outdoor or indoor seating.
They offer pleasant service and your choice of Italian or Mexican style food.
Inside, the dining room is nice and quieter than outside. We have had several pleasant meals,
and felt relaxed afterwards. I feel like this place has yet to be fully discovered!
They offer lunch and dinner. The lady who waits on you is absolutely charming.

• Visited March 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Very pleasant and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very nice dining room, with pleasant music, friendly attentive service, very good food and all at such attractive prices that you may think the menu is full of typos. Interesting in its selection of Italian or Mexican dishes.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank PogoJ
Ojai, California
“Holy Mole!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Tonight my wife and I had our second delicious dinner at the La Valle in Ojai. It was our anniversary and La Valle fit the bill. Interesting menu of Italian and Mexican food. We both had entrees only which were offered with fresh French bread. She had the "Polo al Limone and Caperi" and I the "Pollo En Mole".
The chicken was served with a delicious mole sauce which is prepared fresh be the owner. In addition the meal was served with three hand made tortillas, black beans, and rice. In my opinion extremely well priced at $15 per entrée. In addition, the owner stared a file in the fireplace which added to the ambiance.

• Visited February 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am from Ojai, but currently live in North Carolina. Every time I am "home" for a visit, I MUST visit this restaurant. Every dish I have had here has been nothing short of perfection. It is generally quiet when we go, so it's almost as if we have the place to ourselves. I so sincerely hope this restaurant is around to stay!

• Visited April 2013