The Capri
US$454
US$414
OjaiResort.com
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$127
US$123
US$119
Travelocity
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
US$67
US$124
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$94
US$91
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmid centuryrecord playerretro feelpalm springsnice poolbalcony or patiohardwood floorsthe main streetlobbyvibebalconiesmicrowaveredonepropertiescalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I enjoyed the places's look and feel and found the staff most helpful. Next time I would be better prepared with munchies that I can microwave and DVDs to watch. The room made me want to stay indoors more than I normally do. Not sure how each room differs but overall I was charmed.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

We ended up staying here for one night because all of the hotels in Santa Barbara were booked up. We found a decent rate on a website and ended up heading up the hill to Ojai.

This is a mid-century motel that's had some rehab done on it. The sign and lobby are fantastic. The rooms are just so-so. The commenter who said that it's had an IKEA makeover was correct. They took the old motel rooms and tried to make them hip by painting the walls fun colors, putting in some stainless steel ikea shelves, and adding flat screen TVs. Definitely more interesting than your average roadside motel, but not nearly as interesting as it could have been. And they left a lot of the edges pretty rough. The bathtub had stains in it, the mouldings around the floor and ceiling were falling apart, etc. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool.

Christopher, the manager, was nice, but seemed more concerned with being cool than giving good customer service. We had some issues with the billing from the website we booked through and for a while he was intent on double-charging us, but eventually backed down. Some other people in the lobby while we were eating breakfast were having some problems, too. I'll be double-checking my credit card statement from them.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

If you want to truly experience the beauty and hipness of Ojai properly you have to stay at the Capri. Great service, immaculate rooms, pool & spa. Almost has a post modern retro feel to it, so it's aesthetically pleasing to the full age spectrum. If you like the Cafe 101 vibe in Hollywood you'll enjoy and appreciate this Hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

The view was very nice from our room.
Other than that, almost everything was wrong.
Worst of all, the sheets were dirty!
Everything else was slightly filthy.
The heater did not work.
The lights worked randomly. Management had to come up three times to fix them.
The fridge and microwave were handy, except that you could only open the fridge about 6" because the bed was in front of it.
I highly recommend the Garden Terrace Restaurant next door.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2011

My girlfriend and I had seen the motel but after checking in we were surprised how nice the property and rooms were. The rooms are super modern with slick furniture and a large flat panel TV. I couldn't get off the chaise lounge for like 2 hours! We headed down to the Hot Tub where we enjoyed a great conversation with a regular visitor from LA. It's the only place she stays in Ojai and went on an on about how much she's enjoyed staying at the Capri regularly. Christopher at the front desk is obviously passionate about this place and makes you feel right at home. Highly recommended. Great experience.