“Another enjoyable stay at the Capri Ojai!”
Review of The Capri

The Capri
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Los Angeles, California
“Another enjoyable stay at the Capri Ojai!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent another great weekend at the Capri Ojai. This was our 3rd time and it was as wonderful and relaxing as before. We had another patio room (108) which was a few doors down from where we stayed in the past (105) and it was just as perfect. We tried to ride the bikes from their sister hotel The Hummingbird but there was a small problem with my boyfriend's pedal, it fell off. Since we were only a block away we took them back and deceided to leave it for another time. We had gotten a block and a half away twice so could at least check that off our list of things to do that weekend. There was another new addition to our room, a portable turn table with some classic albums including the Love & Rockets album that Christopher produced check it out at http://mvremix.com/rock_blogs/2009/06/new-tales-to-tell-a-tribute-to-love-and-rockets/. We had gotten a voucher for $15 off our meal at the Deer Lodge which was part of our Amazon Deal so we went to lunch there on Sunday after we went to the farmers market which is a nice walk from the Capri. The bloody mary's at the Deer Lodge came with a huge slice of bacon which was a nice change from the normal celery garnish which was cool and the BLTA was good too. We sat at the bar and our bartender was Brad. Thank you Christopher Minister for another great time at the Capri Ojai! The girls that helped check us in were lovely. Thank you for noticing the feathers :o)

Room Tip: We alway stay in the patio rooms.
1 Thank Krista W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Capri. The room was cheery, and clean, and had everything we needed. It was a short drive into town.
The staff was helpful and made us feel very welcome! We recommend this cozy spot.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We drove up to Ojai for a quick trip away from LA in beautiful Ojai. We booked a room at the Capri the day before on their website. I actually had tried to call them and had to leave a message but never got a call back. I wound up booking the room on their website. We arrived to check in at 3pm and when I told the woman at the front desk that I had called the day before she said that they have been running promotions and had 20 calls on their answering machine that they hadn't been able to return. If you are running a promotion you may want to prepare for the onslaught so that you could provide the customer service that would keep people coming back. Anyway, we were given a room on the 2nd floor and when we went in, the room had not been cleaned. We had to go back down to the lobby, since they don't answer the phone. The receptionist gave us another room and also a voucher for a discount to a nearby restaurant, nice touch. She also said she would speak with Christopher, the manager, but we never were contacted by him. Not a great start. The rooms have a nice retro design but they could use some help with details. The only heat came from a portable heater. Beds are firm but comfortable. The breakfast was minimal, continental with fruit, granola bars and some small cinnamon rolls but they have great coffee and tea available. The hot tub wasn't working.
So, the place has potential but it needs some maintenance and some better customer service.

Room Tip: The lower units have nice patios but they probably get noisy from the units above. Get a unit in the...
1 Thank traveler57LA
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed one night in Ojai at the Capri... Will def be back when we are in Ojai. Amazing amenities ... VHS & DVD's in the room. I watched my favorite, Christmas Vacation, while getting ready for dinner. In the morning, I enjoyed my complimentary coffee, pop tarts & delicious oranges. When I got home, I discovered that I left my favorite stuffed animal on the bed. I called a few times to see if anyone found it and finally Christopher called back, said he found it, and then mailed it back to us! Silly I know - but the little sentimental thing means a lot to these grownups and they were more than accommodating to get it back to us! This place is clean, cute & comfortable. 5 stars!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Capri is such a cute hotel.
I slept so well, and the room was comfortable to be in. The green colored walls and beautiful hardwood floors just gave it a great modern touch. While some of the extras in the room, were classics that I haven't seen since I was a child A record player & VCR ...there was also a dvd player. The hotel lobby had VCR and DVD movies that you could borrow for the duration of your stay. The white leather Chase lounge was comfy for watching tv.
The grounds right outside my patio room, were so beautifully green, and the huge Buddha statue was calming.
I missed the opportunity to check out the heated pool, but I will back in February.... will definitely enjoy it then. I can not wait to return to this fun hotel.
The Manager Christopher was so cute and nice and was knowledgable about the area.
He gave me drink vouchers to their restaurant the Deer Lodge, which has the best food ever!!

Room Tip: the patio rooms are pet friendly
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a great stay last night at the Capri in Ojai. It reminded me of the Parker in Palm Springs. Very well done period decor. Friendly, helpful service.

I highly recommend it for someone staying in Ojai.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Santa Ynez, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were just looking for a quick little getaway for the night and we were so pleasantly surprised.
The hotel itself was like a little Palm Springs type oasis. We were there in the winter but got lucky with warm weather so we could enjoy sitting in the pool area to relax.
By far the best part is the attention to detail and the friendliness of the manager (Christopher) He made the stay so much more memorable and enjoyable!
I have already recommended the hotel and Christopher to two friends and we have only been home for one day. We will definitely go back!
Also go to the owners restaurant "The Deer Lodge"

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Jacuzzi room which we enjoyed but it did not have a balcony or patio. The patio...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple