“THIS IS A "MUST STOP"”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“THIS IS A "MUST STOP"”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Any time we are near Ojai, we make it a point to stop at Boccali's to eat. VERY casual, checks or cash only and the husband says they have the best eggplant parmesan ever made! I'm a fan of the ravioli with meat sauce, and don't forget to leave room for the fresh home made strawberry shortcake when in season!

“Strawberry shortcake!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Never had strawberry shortcake quite like this one at this restaurant. I shared it with two of my sisters.......THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! At first, we were not even going to order desert. I'm glad we did. Crumbled, warm shortcake under beautifully red and delicious, fresh strawberries with whipped cream on top, yum! Every bite was like heaven.The cheese pizza and vegetarian lasagna were also divine. I would travel here from Los Angeles again in a heartbeat.

indiana
“The two best foods in one place”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great pizza and great strawberry shortcake in one place. Must be heaven. Nice setting, although right by the road. Well worth fighting the traffic out of LA to reach.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Where I took my wife on our First Date!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Boccali's is legendary, at least in my circle of friends! If you love local mom-and-pop restaurants with country style and fresh ingredients grown in their own garden, then this is the spot for you. If you're a city snob who wants a 5-star chic restaurant with ocean views, then please drive on past to Malibu... more room for the rest of us who LOVE this place! We will happily drive 2 hours round-trip just for the Strawberry Shortcake. They also have our favorite Bruschetta. Worth the drive and worth the possible wait (it's busy because it's great!) This also happens to be where I took my wife on our first date and where my great friends got married (they have a beautiful area under the oaks for special events). If you hate chain restaurants, then give Boccali's a try!

• Visited May 2013
Encinitas, California
“Best Strawberry Shortcake on the planet!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I know it's an Italian restaurant, so what's it doing with GREAT strawberry shortcake? Heck if you have access to wonderful fruit and can make a killer shortcake, why not?
We stopped here following a long hike and the shortcake was my reward! It was in the early afternoon so too early for dinner but we may try that on a return trip because everything looked great. Boccali's also makes their own wine. We did a tasting in their outside area and weren't crazy about the wine, just ok. But the restaurant is a great spot for family style italian food and wonderful strawberry shortcake.
Heads up - cash only.

Visited June 2013

Been to Boccali's? Share your experiences!