“Skip it”

Ranked #18 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orange, California
“Skip it”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We went on advice from a local and were very disappointed. The menu is straight out of the 90's. My salmon still had some skin left on it and was sitting in the watery buttery mixture that the veggies had obviously been sitting in for awhile. Looked and tasted straight out of a buffet. Nice outdoor seating though and the ceviche was pretty good. I don't understand all the positive reviews. Maybe sushi is the way to go? We didn't try any.

Covina, California, USA
“A late lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came in around 3 pm for a late lunch. My chowder was excellent. It came with no sourdough bread, and when I asked for a piece of bread, the waiter brought me an entire loaf of bread! I was a little surprised, told the waiter all I really wanted was a piece of bread. He was a little confused, but took the loaf away, brought me back two pieces and didn't charge. He had charged for the entire loaf. I'm not sure why it was so confusing to him, but we got it handled. My husband ordered fish tacos. When they came, he should have sent them back; they were covered with melted cheddar cheese! Very very odd. Having said that, this may not have been the first string crew, since it really was an in-between time. I would go back because I thought the chowder was yummy, but my husband wouldn't, because he thought that the tacos were awful.

Palm Desert, California
“Wonderful Seafood in Ojai, CA”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. The service was exceptional. We ate on the open air patio and would highly recommend this property to anyone. Like most restaurants in Ojai, this is located on Ojai Ave.

San Francisco, California
“Very good fish tacos”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was very good. Waitress seemed a bit nervous but was pleasant. Enjoyed the halibut fish tacos. My husband loved the two sauces. Would definitely recommend.

Cypress, California
“lunch on the patio”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely halibut and salad lunch on the patio, though my husband's chowder wasn't the best he's ever had. Would go back, though.

Visited April 2014

Been to Sea Fresh Seafood? Share your experiences!