“We left because of the smell”
Review of Sea Fresh Seafood

Sea Fresh Seafood
Ranked #19 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I love seafood. When we saw this restaurant, we quickly turned around and pulled in for lunch. It was too hot to sit outside, which was too bad because the patio looked like a nice spot. We were seated indoors, and immediately noticed an odd smell. I don't know if it was some sort of cleaning fluid or was coming from the fish, but we chose to leave before ordering.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We went on advice from a local and were very disappointed. The menu is straight out of the 90's. My salmon still had some skin left on it and was sitting in the watery buttery mixture that the veggies had obviously been sitting in for awhile. Looked and tasted straight out of a buffet. Nice outdoor seating though and the ceviche was pretty good. I don't understand all the positive reviews. Maybe sushi is the way to go? We didn't try any.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came in around 3 pm for a late lunch. My chowder was excellent. It came with no sourdough bread, and when I asked for a piece of bread, the waiter brought me an entire loaf of bread! I was a little surprised, told the waiter all I really wanted was a piece of bread. He was a little confused, but took the loaf away, brought me back two pieces and didn't charge. He had charged for the entire loaf. I'm not sure why it was so confusing to him, but we got it handled. My husband ordered fish tacos. When they came, he should have sent them back; they were covered with melted cheddar cheese! Very very odd. Having said that, this may not have been the first string crew, since it really was an in-between time. I would go back because I thought the chowder was yummy, but my husband wouldn't, because he thought that the tacos were awful.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. The service was exceptional. We ate on the open air patio and would highly recommend this property to anyone. Like most restaurants in Ojai, this is located on Ojai Ave.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was very good. Waitress seemed a bit nervous but was pleasant. Enjoyed the halibut fish tacos. My husband loved the two sauces. Would definitely recommend.

Been to Sea Fresh Seafood? Share your experiences!