“Perfect location; comfortable and clean accommodations”

Su Nido Inn (Your Nest In Ojai)
Ranked #6 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
California
“Perfect location; comfortable and clean accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was within walking distance of very delicious restaurants. The staff were always polite and very helpful. I would definitely go back.

2 Thank reece411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cypress, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just returned from three nights in Su Nido's Condor Suite. We believe it is their very best suite! Agreeing with all the positive comments about the inn written previously, we will add that the Condor is the upstairs suite above the office, away from the streets. It was so quiet and we left our windows open night and day. Our favorite spot was the large balcony with table and chairs. Looking over the small parking lot never bothered us, and the mountain view was lovely. We made good use of the balcony for our own little happy hours, reading and simply relaxing. Having eaten at several of Ojai's great restaurants, we simply brought in food one night and enjoyed our dinner on the balcony. Michael, who we think is the owner, was friendly and helpful to us. We are world travelers and rarely stay in large chain hotels, preferring places similar to Su Nido. It's right up there with our favorites and we'd recommend it without a doubt.

Room Tip: If you can, pay the extra for the Condor Suite. It's perfect for a couple wanting to relax and...
Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Beautiful place, the most thoughtful host, wonderfully located. And, purchased with a Travelzoo discount. What could improve this rating? We were downstairs in a beautiful room, but noises from upstairs were really easy to hear - lucky for us they didn't move around lots. Next time I would take an upstairs room or a room without someone over or right next to me if possible. The coffee was very ordinary/weak. I suppose other people like this but I had to go out for my coffee which was easy enough. That's it. Again, I thought the Inn and the bed were beautiful, I felt well cared for, and oh yes - a really, really comfortable bed.

Room Tip: You want to be on top in this case.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda G
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stumbled upon Su Nido Inn from looking at travelzoo.com to find where I should go for a weekend getaway. I saw their reviews and bought the voucher. Having never been to Ojai I had no idea what to expect. I was so busy working up until I had to leave to Ojai so I didn't plan anything. I figured I'll do my research when I get there.

An hour and a half later (from Culver City), we arrived at Su Nido Inn. The inn keeper greeted us and pretty much helped us figure out what to do for the next 2 days. We went biking, hiking, relaxed, ate a lot of good food. He recommended activities, and places to go eat. What a wonderful gentleman. He could have just checked us in and let us figure it out but he was just really really helpful.

We stayed in a room called Blue Jay. It has a small kitchenette, living room, a king size bed, and a large bathroom with a stand-up shower. It was very nice, very clean, quiet, a short walk away from the main street. It was wonderful. I will definitely come back here!

Richmond, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The atmosphere is charming within the courtyard's sitting areas surrounded by olive trees and richly tiled accents. That same feeling extended into our suite where we had a well-appointed kitchenette, private patio, and comfortable living room. It was a short stroll to the downtown area to enjoy dining out and shopping. We could have stayed much longer!

Room Tip: The "Dove" room was a corner unit with patio off the kitchenette.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Su Nido Inn is located two blocks off the main street of Ojai, within walking distance of all this charming village has to offer, without being right in the middle of it.
Su Nido is a small boutique hotel, featuring 12 bird-themed, mission-style suites, all placed around a lovely cobblestone courtyard.
Our "Robin" suite featured a large living room with fireplace and large t.v., a kitchenette with small refrigerator (stocked with complimentary juices and water), a pantry (complimentary munchies), microwave, Keurig coffee maker, toaster, dishes, etc., a cozy alcove with a table and chairs (which we used for our computer), a large bathroom with a soaking tub and tiled shower, and a large king bedroom with another t.v. Off the living room was a comfortable private patio. Everything was lovely and relaxing.
Check in was a breeze. Information about the area was offered, as well as a large selection of dvds to check out.
The only "cons" I see were that there was no view (other than the street or the parking lot) and no hot tub or Jacuzzi (I understand the space constraints, plus it's probably much more peaceful without them). Also, the tiled floor in the living areas (bedroom has carpet)(living room has an area rug) is COLD!
What I really appreciated was the fact that there is no additional "resort fee" (we try to avoid those places) and no wifi fee or parking fee. And the complimentary snacks and drinks...who does that??? :)
We are already making plans to return to this peaceful "nest".

2 Thank travelingrandma91355
Bonita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room was very clean and the staff very hospitable.Our room was spacious with all the comforts of home. It was a short walk to several restaurants and the downtown promenade.Since it was two blocks from the main street it was also quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Eagle suite is upstairs,but worth the climb.
1 Thank 710Dave