“Peacock Suite, a nest in the back”

Su Nido Inn - Your Nest In Ojai
Ranked #6 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent two nights at Su Nido for R & R and two days of golf. We found it very restful, peaceful to sit in the patio with the fountain and sip some wine after warm days of golfing which was 5 minutes away. The suite had a nice sitting area, small kitchen equipped with basic necessities such as Kuerig coffee, water and juice. The bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows and duvet. We will come back again because it is only two blocks to town and very good restaurants, as well as being so quiet.

Room Tip: We have stayed here before and preferred this room (Peacock) on the first floor in the back, rather...
1  Thank sandeepants

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently stayed here overnight on way home from Southern California. Cute inn, but rooms are nothing to brag about. Hard to find entrance to hotel - there were two gated areas, which were locked and I finally saw a sign indicating where the office was located. It was hard to see where the office was as signage was poor and there was a car parked directly in front of it, blocking the small signage. Hours for office were erratic. When I went to check out the next morning, the office was not open and I had no idea what to do with card key. Went back up to the room and decided to leave inside. Even though I had an upstairs room, which is usually much more quiet, I could still hear folks in adjacent rooms. Fairly close to town, so you could walk to the main town area to shop or eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ardeen
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was within walking distance of very delicious restaurants. The staff were always polite and very helpful. I would definitely go back.

2  Thank reece411
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just returned from three nights in Su Nido's Condor Suite. We believe it is their very best suite! Agreeing with all the positive comments about the inn written previously, we will add that the Condor is the upstairs suite above the office, away from the streets. It was so quiet and we left our windows open night and day. Our favorite spot was the large balcony with table and chairs. Looking over the small parking lot never bothered us, and the mountain view was lovely. We made good use of the balcony for our own little happy hours, reading and simply relaxing. Having eaten at several of Ojai's great restaurants, we simply brought in food one night and enjoyed our dinner on the balcony. Michael, who we think is the owner, was friendly and helpful to us. We are world travelers and rarely stay in large chain hotels, preferring places similar to Su Nido. It's right up there with our favorites and we'd recommend it without a doubt.

Room Tip: If you can, pay the extra for the Condor Suite. It's perfect for a couple wanting to relax and...
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Beautiful place, the most thoughtful host, wonderfully located. And, purchased with a Travelzoo discount. What could improve this rating? We were downstairs in a beautiful room, but noises from upstairs were really easy to hear - lucky for us they didn't move around lots. Next time I would take an upstairs room or a room without someone over or right next to me if possible. The coffee was very ordinary/weak. I suppose other people like this but I had to go out for my coffee which was easy enough. That's it. Again, I thought the Inn and the bed were beautiful, I felt well cared for, and oh yes - a really, really comfortable bed.

Room Tip: You want to be on top in this case.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stumbled upon Su Nido Inn from looking at travelzoo.com to find where I should go for a weekend getaway. I saw their reviews and bought the voucher. Having never been to Ojai I had no idea what to expect. I was so busy working up until I had to leave to Ojai so I didn't plan anything. I figured I'll do my research when I get there.

An hour and a half later (from Culver City), we arrived at Su Nido Inn. The inn keeper greeted us and pretty much helped us figure out what to do for the next 2 days. We went biking, hiking, relaxed, ate a lot of good food. He recommended activities, and places to go eat. What a wonderful gentleman. He could have just checked us in and let us figure it out but he was just really really helpful.

We stayed in a room called Blue Jay. It has a small kitchenette, living room, a king size bed, and a large bathroom with a stand-up shower. It was very nice, very clean, quiet, a short walk away from the main street. It was wonderful. I will definitely come back here!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The atmosphere is charming within the courtyard's sitting areas surrounded by olive trees and richly tiled accents. That same feeling extended into our suite where we had a well-appointed kitchenette, private patio, and comfortable living room. It was a short stroll to the downtown area to enjoy dining out and shopping. We could have stayed much longer!

Room Tip: The "Dove" room was a corner unit with patio off the kitchenette.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple