“Give Yourself a Break! Retreat Here in Ojai, California”
Review of Ojai Retreat

Ojai Retreat
Ranked #3 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I highly recommend the beautiful Ojai Retreat. You can tell that many loving hands have taken care of this property over the years. The views are gorgeous; there are gentle trails to hike; a waterfall. The sun rose outside the window opposite my bed, and I heard and saw owls and other birds. The people I met were all lovely, spiritual people. There was a quiet room filled with books by Krishnamurti and many other adepts from all faiths. A crystal window shed sunlight on the carpet. They serve a scrumptious breakfast of everything from home-made granola and fruit salad to perfectly boiled eggs and bagels. My room was neat with woodland views. Yoga classes, massage, and art galleries are nearby. AND . . . the rates are very reasonable. This is a place to heal, refresh, and believe again.

Room Tip: The Topa Topa Room has a queen size bed and you can watch the sun rise from the window opposite. Sha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ojai Retreat

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I just got back from a one night stay at the Ojai Retreat. This place is truly a magical experience, away from it all in nature. I only wish I would have stayed another night!

I came here a year ago for a one day yoga retreat with the fabulous Mihaela but didn't stay the night. The retreat looked so peaceful and inviting at the time that I told myself I would stay here next time I needed to get away from LA.

Well, this past weekend was the weekend I needed to get away! I stayed in the Bella Vista room, which was very large, was so nice and quiet with beautiful views, and was actually one of the less expensive rooms.

The grounds are beautiful and so peaceful, yet the retreat is not that far from the town of Ojai.

I didn't get very good cell reception but there was wifi in the room. I really wanted to unplug so that was not a problem for me. Also realize there is no TV, or even a clock radio in the room, so bring an alarm clock if you need one. Or don't, as you are really here to get away from it all!

There is a hiking trail along the perimeter of the grounds and you can also go out the gate to hike on the nearby hills. I did this at sunset and saw so many rabbits and birds. It was so beautiful to watch the sunset from the property.

There was coffee and tea served at all hours in the great room and a breakfast buffet was also served there. The breakfast was delicious. So many healthy choices! The retreat is such a great value when you think about the amazing breakfast that is included.

I also did a yoga session this morning on the grass near the waterfall. I highly recommend doing a yoga session with Mihaela. I believe she is there Sat Sun and Mon. She is truly a gift to this world and will make you feel so good about yourself!

If you live in a rat race city like LA, I highly recommend getting away from it all to this place, if only for a day! It will do wonders for you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank sfla2010
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed at the Ojai Retreat several times, and I've stayed in both the cheapest and most expensive rooms (Cozy and Ojai Suite), as well as some rooms in between. It's always been a lovely experience. It really is a retreat, not a hotel, although the friendly staff ensures that your needs for comfort and cleanliness are well-met. The area is beautiful, and the retreat itself has a lot of character. The breakfast offerings are more than I had expected. All in all, my favorite not-too-far-away place to escape from Los Angeles.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Inscrutf
Reviewed 13 February 2014

After doing extensive research, I decided to take my wife up here for a relaxing birthday weekend. It was absolutely perfect. We came with friends and although we got very different rooms on very different sides of the property, both were incredibly comfortable and boasted great views.
I cannot say enough about the breakfast. It was absolutely delicious.
Strongly recommend this place for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was looking for a quick getaway from LA to relax and take time for myself. The Ojai Retreat was just what I was looking for. It was so peaceful that it was hard to believe that there were people across the hall and downstairs from me. I spent time walking around the grounds and quietly reading in front of the waterfall. Breakfast is basic, but quite good. I will definitely stay here the next time I come to Ojai. It is also the best value in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Read the details carefully as this is not a typical TV place. Rooms are not spartan but also not five star but fine for the value and location. Quiet and focused on more contemplative activities. Breakfast was all organic with wide range of choices. Really relaxing and tasteful. Very quiet and restful .

Room Tip: Read descriptions carefully as all have something different to offer.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Come here to unplug from the city and enjoy nature with the comforts of a hotel, without the crowd and need to drive or fly for hours.

The Ojai Retreat is for those looking for a quiet environment to relax and reflect.

I stayed here over New Year's in the Garden Room and loved it. Clean rooms with a kitchen which we used to cook our meals. Great view on a hilltop of the mountains and the town below. The pink mountain effect during sunset is a sight to behold. The 5 acre property is well kept and feels like a big garden (or more like is one!) and great for strolling around. Benches are placed around the property at scenic viewpoints. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious with gluten free options available (e.g. bread). The environment was peaceful and quiet which was exactly what I was looking for.

I will be back!