“Local review”

Casa Ojai Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We are locals of ojai...when it gets really hot here we often check in here just to use the pool. The first time we went we paid full price. The second time the front desk gal mentioned a locals discount. (Why didn't they the first time?)
The rooms were very nice, but as I mentioned we checked in for pool time.
The pool seems to be not very well maintained. Cloudy (my husband use to be a pool cleaner and mentioned they didn't have enough circulation)
Also every afternoon the managers wife and her three (cute) but noises kids would come, followed by her friends and kids. That is when we would have to leave.
In the future we will try the blue iguana.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The Casa Ojai Inn was a great find. Clean, comfortable rooms and extremely friendly staff. It also was very affordable in comparison to other nearby accommodations. Casa Ojai Inn definitely exceeded my expectations, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I thought this place was great - rooms were spacious, clean, very hospitable, staff was great, cookies were great, continental breakfast - well, as far as that goes, it is what it is - pool and grounds were inviting. I'd definitely recommend it, particularly if you are going to be out and about enjoying Ojai as opposed to just sitting around the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was traveling on business to Ojai and needed a clean affordable room. Enjoyed the 2 bedroom family suite. Would have been great if I was traveling with my children. Decent breakfast even though they ran out of coffee. Pool was nice. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

I had accidentally booked a Queen Bed Handicap room on line. (Unknown to me). The Hotel called two weeks prior to our reservation date and asked if we needed the Handicap room, we did not and requested a King or Double room instead . They were very accomadating. The room has nice decor and Linens. Auto dispensers for soap etc. courtesy water bottles. Very nice breakfast included. It was served by the Pool. Breads, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BJYO
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My friends and I stayed here for New Year's and they were great at being able to offer a group of us a good deal for our stay. The other bonus is that they're pet friendly which is awesome.

The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. Customer service was good. The only fallback is that they are pretty far from the main part of town but we were still able to walk to town and when the trolley is in service, the stop isn't far from the hotel.

I would stay here again for another short stop into Ojai.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night after we evacuated from the Camarillo Springs fires in Southern California. We just wanted a place to stay where the air was clean. When I called Casa Ojai and explained the reason for our visit, they offered the discounted AAA rate, even though we were not AAA members. They had a room with two queen beds that accommodated two adults and two children. The property looks like a 2-story motel from the outside, but the rooms on the inside look more like a hotel room. They were nicely decorated. A nice touch was their having cookies in a jar at the front desk to enjoy upon arrival. The pool was nice and at a nice temperature for my children and me to enjoy. Breakfast was included, though I was a little disappointed by the offerings and the quality of food. But for my children it was sufficient. Our room was close to the road, which made it possible to hear traffic passing by more easily than rooms further away. Overall, a positive stay.

Room Tip: Request room farther from the road, where it may be quieter.