“Convenient inconvenience.”

Casa Ojai Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

For the life of me, I don't know why we keep booking this place. We've stayed here 4 or 5 times and theres always an issue or two, or three. It is very conveniently located to why we visit Ojai. Our daughter attends school here. This trip, we stayed in the room we stayed in about 2 years ago that had a broken night latch. Because of the managers lack of concern and pejorative manner of speaking to me about it, the owner granted us a free two night stay which we took advantage of last year. It's hard to believe, but, the night latch was still broken almost 2 years later. They did replace it a couple of hours later. But that incident combined with very poor water pressure, and housekeeping not checking to make sure that the previous guests 7am alarm clock setting was turned off, made for another problematic stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BetterDavid

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been attending the Ojai Village of Tales Storytelling Festival for 15 years, and have stayed at 4 different Ojai Hotels. One is simply to expensive and elegant to use over 3 nights. CASA OJAI INN has become my favorite!

The rooms are clean and well appointed with comfortable beds, refrigerator, wardrobe with full Cable Television and well maintained bathing and grooming areas. The Continental Breakfast is a cut above average, though I would not want to have it for 3 days running!

QUIET is very important to me, and one of the biggest reasons I have chosen CASA OJAI INN! The past three years I have stayed in room 224, and have never heard a thing, and this on weekend that if always fully booked!

I will be back for next years events, and every May as long as the Festival Continues!

Room Tip: The Rooms on the North end are harder to access due to poor parking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently coordinated a small group golf-outing ( 11 rooms/12 golfers) at the nearby Soule Park Golf Course. I shopped for the best deal and quality available close to the golf course. Our group was pleased with the overall lodging experience and described it as convenient, clean, efficient, friendly and modestly priced. These positive responses contributed favorably to the success of our event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TIPTOPSHAPE
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I liked the location -- on the east side of town near farming country; it was quiet. We hung out at the pool in the afternoon when it was hot, and enjoyed the shade and comfortable sofas. Our room with 2 queen beds was huge and well-appointed. The staff went out of their way to help me with a problem (my fault) with our reservation. Their recommendation for dinner was spot on -- fabulous. We will come back!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank crankybanker
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! Such great customer service! This place is so conveniently located on the Main Street. Very clean rooms- a breath of fresh air in comparison to another hotel down the road that I usually stay. I am so pleased!! I've found my new great place in Ojai.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was a great value. I enjoyed the mini kitchen. Room was extremely spacious and comfortable. I would go back. The only down fall was that our room was next to a connecting suite-making the room a little less sound proof. I woke up in the middle of the night to the next door room SNORING. I would go back, but ask for a room that is not in a connecting suite. This place would be perfect for families or a group of friends.

Location is close and convient to everything.

Room Tip: do not get one that is a connecting suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennifertraveladdict
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I really enjoyed my 2-night stay here with another girl friend. I had trouble with using a coupon code from tripadvisor on their website, so I emailed the hotel. They replied me right away, and granted the 25% off for the room. When we arrived, there was some construction by the pool area, but it's still ok and safe to use if you need to. The room was spacious, really clean, and has a refrigerator. It also had a small coffee pot if you want to make coffee. Every morning the main office set up an area for breakfast, which included servings of boiled eggs, cereals, bake goods, oj, coffee, etc. Every staff member i have came across had been very helpful. As for location, with a car, it's just a few minutes from all the main restaurants and places in town, and I'm estimating about 15-20 leisure walk if you decide not to drive. The next time I visit Ojai again, I would definitely come back to this place. I highly recommended Casa Ojai Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends