“A few details missing but pretty good.”
Review of The Oaks at Ojai

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Toronto, Canada
“A few details missing but pretty good.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I missed the orientation tour the first day. No staff member showed up the second day either. Therefore, I did not know about the health advisor, where I could have given more specific dietary needs, and therefore miss being scolded by the meal servers for giving back something I could not eat. I did not know about the indoor hot tub, steam room or showers until the second or third day, and never knew that people could request to eat lunch outside. Other than that it was a fairly good place, the night time presentations were good. The only issue there is that the breakfast room/lounge where these were held had terribly uncomfortable furniture.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
OaksSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Oaks at Ojai, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
It's terrible we didn't get to give you Orientation! As you experienced, we ARE a unique destination. Knowing the details is a key to a successful spa getaway. We're looking in to how we can prevent this from happening again, as well as the scolding from wait staff. Our wait staff is normally known for being very friendly! Please feel free to contact me directly before a future visit - I'd like to help make sure it goes properly! Healthy regards, Elizabeth@oaksspa.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
sd
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Not for those who need a highly structured, boot camp style environment. That said, I had a great time and the food was fantastic. Fitness classes and hikes were outstanding. Atmosphere really encourages you to meet new friends.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Fabulous, just what is needed to relax! Spent the day, exercising and relaxing. Great food.
went to bed tired and got a great night sleep

staff is friend and pushes you as hard as you want to be pushed. Great for all ages!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Oak View, California
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had a great massage, swim/hot tub, foot care and great lite healthy meals in the the center of town. Birthday gift from my wife. Great Gift! It was a wonderful day to spend with my wife. The building is beautiful and close to everything ojai.

Room Tip: Day trip...did not spend the night
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Malibu, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at The Oaks. This was my seconds visit, the first several years ago. This was like summer camp for adults. They served delicious healthy meals and snacks and there were many activities and classes to participate in. I found the entire staff extremely nice and welcoming. We chose a cottage rather than a room in the main building. This is a great way to kick start a healthy lifestyle. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michelle5835
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We really enjoy going to the Oaks Health spa and the laid back feeling everyone has. Ojai is a nice town and we really enjoy the staff and meeting fellow guests that travel from all around the world to be at the spa.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mililani, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I spent 7 days recently at the Oaks.. I have been researching facilitlies of this kind for awhile, a place where fitness and diet are the focus. One also in a nice environment and affordable were 2 of my other main criteria for this venture. I LOVED the oaks! It was definetely one of the most affordable spa/resorts of its kind that i found. It was like camp for women! We were all on a 1200 calorie a day food plan, I wont even say diet because the food was delicious! i would say i ended up loving at least 90% of what was served. And there were always alternate options if you didnt like what was on the menu..but i never opted for that. Every morning offered 3 hikes of varying levels of fitness, then a full schedule of exercise classes all day! Everything from zumba to bootcamp classes all taught by very cool instructors.
I went alone and chose to have a roommate. This could have been a scary proposition, but was just fine.. my roommate was close in age to me, and we got alot just fine..in fact i made a new friend.
The facility is definitely no frills, but all very clean and efficient. This is probably part of why the cost is affordable. I was very impressed by the constant efforts to recycle and stay green, they recommended writing your name on your plastic cups, and using the same towel for the day etc.. i appreciate these efforts. Shelia the owner was on site almost every day, she is amazing! almost 80 and still teaching classes and mingling with her guests constantly!
Im an avid exerciser, but tried many forms of new exercise and loved that!
Most of the women have been coming there for years and i will become one of them.. i cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: the rooms on the street side have balcony's but it can be alittle loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo