“Wonderful!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
ojai, ca
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a top notch resort. The grounds are immaculate & the service all over the resort is perfect. We had a fabulous dinner at Miravilla for our anniversary. The food & service was some of the best we've experienced. The whole property is worth checking out!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary with a week long trip split between Monterey and Ojai. We stayed at Ojai Valley Inn for 3 nights.

The property is gorgeous and the grounds are extremely well kept. We were fortunate to be in room 293 across from the Herb Garden and Pool. The view from our patio each morning was of golden hills with sun kissed Oaks. In the evening, the landscape is beautifully lit and I took quite a few nightscape photographs.

Our room was huge with comfortable couches next to a fireplace. The bathroom was very well done with a wonderful huge bathtub. Normally, I don't use hotel soap, shampoo amenities but the items provided are specially blended for the property and the scent is heavenly. The room was sparkling clean and what you would expect from a 5 diamond hotel.

The golf course is superb. My husband booked a twilight round of 18 holes ($89 vs. $180) and I rode along on the first nine holes. I couldn't stop taking pictures. A family of deer live in/near the course which was fun to see.

My only complaint would be that the food/drink prices are high, and as such we made choices on how often we dined on property vs. going in to town.

The staff is wonderful and welcoming and are sincere in their efforts to ensure that you are enjoying your stay.

I was stung by a bee while floating in the pool and the pool staff called someone who came by with a first aid which was very sweet.

This was our first stay and Ojai Valley Inn and I know it will not be our last!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KaleesiE
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this hotel for a quick 3-day get away. While the hotel was booked well in advance (directly with the property, I may add) I knew ahead of time that we will get in late on a Friday.
My husband called a few days ahead of time to mention that we were going to arrive late and that its our anniversary, requesting a room with a view. He was assured that we will indeed have a room with a view. When we got to the hotel, at 9 pm we were led to a very decent room (booked Shangri-La with fireplace), but the view was of a patio white wall.

Since, it was nighttime and we were exhausted - we didn't protest. The room indeed Is nice - spacious with a very comfortable bed. The grounds are beautiful with superb landscaping and overall is a relaxing, beautiful place with great service.

The only other minus is that there were two barking dogs in the room next to us, but its a pet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: you may ask for a view, will be promised one, and still will not get it
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We appreciate your comments LAZoya, as it assists us with training and developing our associates when representing the property and room requests with our guests. We do understand your frustration and disappointment with the room view from your patio. As I am not aware of the specific room you were in, it is difficult to understand the situation as the majority of our rooms do have views, some can be seen directly from inside the room and some have to be experienced by stepping out on to the patio or balcony. I will be sure to follow up with our reservations and front desk team to ensure notes and preferences are recorded accurately to fulfill our guest requests. If you can contact me directly, I will be sure to note your preferences for the future.

In regards to your comments about pet friendliness, it is true we are pet friendly, but we also recognize those guests that want the peace and quiet that the Ojai Valley provides. We make it a point to record all contact numbers for all guests who bring their furry friends to ensure we can contact the pet owner’s at a moment’s notice when other guests are disrupted due to their pets.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly by contacting the property.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa in the near future!

All the best,

Dominic Donatoni
Director of Guest Relations
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place is a little bit of heaven. It is beautiful, the weather perfect in the fall, the staff is attentive, friendly, helpful... the cost is dead on for what you're getting. I've heard some complain about the food prices, but you can always get in your car and dive minutes into downtown Ojai, or walk, and get a better food value. You're paying extra for the convenience, yes, but isn't that part of the deal? There is a quick food place next to the Spa and exercise rooms. The food is a bit pricey but where else can you get something clean and nutritious, fast and make a 7:00 or 7:30 exercise group? I took the early morning stretch class and stayed for the hour walk around Ojai. We walked into the little town--it's that close. I was the only person who showed up so I thought the instructor might cancel, but instead, I got a private hour and a half! All the classes are great, from stretching to yoga, and free--or I should say, no extra fee. We signed up for the Personal Mandala with Rayneta--loved it. That was pricey, but worth it. My husband and I found Rayneta's insights eye opening. We also had a session with Nancy Furst--she is amazing and I would highly recommend her. My husband got a message in the Spa and said it was comparable to Burke Williams. I used the gym and enjoyed watching my selected program on my tread mill--each have a private TV screen. We brought our dog, Sophie. She was treated like a queen. She made herself at home on her fluffy, large dog bed. The doggy snacks lasted the entire three-day weekend. They provided bowels and even have a dog menu in case you didn't pack dog food. There are 4 pools, the Adult only pool by the Herb Garden is one of the loveliest places on the grounds. It's beautiful there. Our son, age 5, was in the Kids Club for two days and wanted to return the third day, but we planned a family horse-back riding trip that swayed him our direction. He created interesting Science experiments in camp and returned each day with a list of things they did. He loved the care takers--all young women--and had so much fun playing with the games they made, he showed them to his friends when we returned home and made his own scaled down versions. Lunch is included in the Day Care fee. We also did the PJ Party one night so we could enjoy a grown up dinner. He enjoyed that evening also. We chose that over hiring a baby sitter to come the room (they have referrals) because it was less expensive and he had already met the Care Takers and wanted to spend more time with them. We ate at every single restaurant and all were good. Service can be a little slow, but everyone here is so relaxed, it's sort of expected that everything and everyone slow down. We celebrated my husbands birthday and our anniversary and Patty, at Concierge, sent us champagne, sparkling water, chocolate goodies, a fruit basket... She is amazing and helped us to have a wonderful experience. We plan to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a fireplace room. We stayed in one of the Villas. They are a little farther away form the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place seriously grows on you. It is so understated when you first arrive. Then, you begin to take in the scenery and the scents. Before you know it, you really don't want to leave. It might sound hokey, but the you truly become one with this resort. It is so relaxing, casual, peaceful ... A real paradise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Oak Park, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have stayed at Ojai Valley Inn on several occasions and have always been so happy. On this vacation Jessica Nunez the food and beverage manager helped me with a menu for my strict dietary needs. All the food was so tasty and the presentation was amazing! I can't to book my next stay here!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are so wonderful. In the winter get a room with a fireplace it's so worth...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2013

stayed here for a relaxing weekend and was blown away by the beauty of the grounds! our room was spacious yet felt cozy at the same time. the little balcony was a perfect place to see the gorgeous views of mountains/hills. we had a delicious dinner at maravilla where the waiter was very attentive. he even overheard us talking about s'mores as a dessert option and set us up outside by the firepits to make our own s'mores! definitely a great place to escape to as it's only an hour and half away from LA.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
#3 of 9 in Ojai
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#2 of 9 in Ojai

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!