“Hidden Ranch Style Resort”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very cool Hotel located in Ojai, CA. The traffic from LA was horrible, but it is what it is. Plan on 1.5 hours to get tot the hotel from LAX. The hotel itself was very welcoming and place it set up like a campus where there are tons of building with several rooms in each building. The Golf Course was very nice, but could use more attention to detail and some hard work, but nice.

Room Tip: Tell the hotel if you want to be close to a particular part of the hotel. The property is very spre...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Two days was not enough at this amazing property. The rooms are well appointed, staff so hospitable, and resort amenities were luxurious. Cannot wait to go back and decompress from busy NYC life. It's the perfect getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is my second time to Ojai Valley Inn and it's simply superb. The environment. even though opulent, is never stuffy and very down to earth and relaxing whilst offering the very best in all amenities. The staff are only too keen to help and Shaun O'Bryan who runs the Inn was fantastic and incredibly personable along with being genuinely interested in you, your interests and your needs. He's Australian and we ended up having a great talk and a few laughs about a number of things. I cannot recommend this place enough. Shaun even recommended a great homestyle breakfast place in town called Bonnie Lou's which on the Sunday had a bluegrass quartet playing. Will stay here whenever I get the chance as it's probably the most relaxing hotel, even though hotel seems like the wrong word as it doesn't do this place justice, I've had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Rain drops on rosemary and extra soft linens.
Lights in the oak trees, and families with children.
Brown burlap news holders,tied on a string.
These are a few of my favorite things.

Housekeepers smiling in crisp cooper outfits.
Everyone greeted, "Good morning," Mr. or Mrs.
Hummingbirds fly with the sun on their wings.
These are a few of my favorite things.

The gyms amazing treadmill to work off a dark ale.
Dinner at Maravilla's, view, food, service a no fail.
A sweet little deer family, that lives on the first tee.

When the news bites.
When our healthcare stings.
When I am feeling sad.
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad...

Room Tip: Our room faced the first tee, morning shade afternoon sunshine. Beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank litt3822
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The resort is tucked in this beautiful valley and the grounds are just spectacular. The room I stayed in was huge and well decorated and super clean. The food served was excellent too. I would definitely come back for business or a personal trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I came to the Ojai Valley Inn with some trepidation - we were already booked for a couple nights in Santa Barbara at a 5-star hotel (El Encanto) when availability suddenly came up here. I don't like jumping from resort to resort since comparisons always follow. I was expecting the Ojai to suffer for the comparison, but it really shone! It's such a lovely place - the setting is ideal with mountain vistas in every direction, and the grounds are beautifully kept. Granted - it's surrounded by a golf course, so the manufactured aspect of that is both a positive and a negative. We don't golf, but I'm sure the course is fantastic. And wandering the grounds at night with a number of the trees lit up was quite magical. We did enjoy the large adult pool and hot tub - the light salt-water is awesome compared to the usual high chlorine content in most pools. We also took part in a morning stretch class, and my wife in some (rather outrageously priced!) spa treatments. Our room was immense - looked out over the family pool and the resort pet birds, so a busy sometimes noisy place. But not at all objectionable - I loved the bird song each morning! Our meals were very good, though I felt the prices a bit strong. One large negative happened on our first night which was a Friday. We had reservations in the Miravilla with another couple, and were seated next to a table holding 20+ people. They really should have been in their own separate room since that table so dominated the room that our conversation was often drowned out. Unfortunately there was also a screaming baby in the next room as well - nothing that the restaurant could prevent, but certainly added to a less-than-enjoyable evening. But all things considered, that dinner was pretty easy to overlook given the enjoyment the remainder of the time.

Room Tip: We had room 318 which was very convenient for the restaurants, family pool and lobby area of the res...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rgmDurham
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Decided to take a quick midweek vist. Right now they have some great specials too. I love the grounds and the Vista room was perfect. The spa is fabulous but the treatments are a bit pricey for 50 minute treatments. I did have an excellent technician though (Pippa). I would say all the people there were wonderful, except for a couple of women at the front desk. They barely cracked a smile and just seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. If you like a quiet pool, try the the Lap pool at the spa. I went to the Herb Garden pool--too big and too many people. Also I recommended that they disclose upfront that there is a $25 daily fee. Never came up anywhere during the booking process so the deal I thought I was getting turned out not to be as good. Also I worry about the birds out in the cold weather--Casper kept saying "I'm cold". Food was decent; Jennifer the server in the Oak Grill was one of the best servers I've ever had. Even with my small dinner order, she treated me like I was the most important customer in her area. I will definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ume
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
Emerald Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#1 of 9 in Ojai

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!