“Amazing property!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Los Angeles
“Amazing property!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

First time visit to Ojai even though I live less than 2 hours away, seemed like it was world apart from LA. Came for two nights with Golf and Spa getaway and I must say I was very impressed. From beginning to end I did not want to leave the resort facility. Rooms are beautiful and decor is newtral. Had dinner at Miravella the first night, scallops were so amazing that we ended up canceling our reservations the next night at another restaurant just to go back. Spa was HUGE and really nicely decorated (somewhere between Spanish/Moraccan style)..... All in all I can't wait to go back to OVIP

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Montebello, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

AMMMMAAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!! This property is enormous and has everything you need at an arm's reach. Two of the evenings we ate/drank at Jimmy's Pub which was delicious... I highly recommend the Bloody Mary! The Pub was lively and is open the latest of all the restaurants. We swam in the evening at the main adult pool which was heated and salt-water! Awesome! The room was beautiful as well, with a huge tub, walk-in shower, his & her sinks, and beautiful patio with a view of the mountains. I've been home for about 5 hours and I'm already counting down the minutes till I go back. Walking the grounds in the evening proved to be even more lovely as they have set up twinkling lights in the trees. Definitely a good place for a wedding, or just a get-away! I can't say enough good things about this property. Just go.. go!

Battleford, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Super friendly and helpful staff. Top notch accommodation. Choices of great eating and drinking locations on site. Bike rentals. A golf course which is photo book perfect - with vistas to write home about and gullies that "eat your ball up". 20 minutes by foot to downtown. Marvellous jogging/hiking/biking trail within 200 or so yards from the property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Reklaw252
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We visited this hotel b/c my husband was attending a conference there. Although we didn't use the spa services, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel, mainly because every staff person we came in contact with was kind and helpful - even the guys working on the grounds.

One of the things that I really liked was the presence of fire pits/places around the property that added warmth in the chilly evening.

We had a room with a king bed overlooking the golf course.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Novato, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Such a beautiful place, you never have to leave the resort. Many great restaurants, many beautiful
Pools, lovely rooms. It is so peaceful and quiet and the staff are friendly and not phoney, very down to earth. To celebrate a special occasion, this is the place to go.

Ventura, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place was sooooo fun and relaxing to stay at. The room exceeded my expectations and the service was exceptional. We ate at the Oak Grill and the food was so delicious and the service again was excellent. I can't wait to go back!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed in Santa Barbara in mid September ( 2013 ), wanted to escape the morning marine layer, have breakfast at a destination place reasonably situated from SB. Luckily we chose the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa and were rewarded for the effort. The drive was maybe 45 minutes via the scenic route, and the resort setting was incredibly pleasant. I felt relaxed the minute I got there. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the outside restaurant service was superb and the breakfast itself was out of the ordinary. Maybe it was the view of the golf course and the mountains in the background, but the meal was exceptional. I can't comment about having stayed at the resort, but would highly recommend what I experienced there. No doubt I will stay there in the future, but thought it worth sharing this morning excursion from Santa Barbara.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
#3 of 9 in Ojai
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#2 of 9 in Ojai

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!