“Coast Trip”

Agave Maria's
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have a great outdoor patio shaded with colorful umbrellas, as well as covered patio and indoor seating. Call us to book your next event
Fallbrook, California
“Coast Trip”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

While on a motorcycle trip up the coast I decided to ride a nice mountain hwy (33) this will take you to Ojai. I decided to have lunch due to the very welcoming patio.
Here is a quick overview:
Service - acceptable
Food - at or above average
Chip & Salsa - very good
Margaritas - very good as well
Overall a good if not great place for lunch :)

• Visited February 2014

Ojai, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican in Ojai!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great food and pleasant outside patio! Will keep going back. Food is fresh & high quality. Service a little slow when busy.

• Visited January 2014
California
“Very good traditional Mexican food”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Loved the pixie margarita. Asked for and received hotter hot sauce and made all the difference because it was a bit bland for us. We love Mexican food and this gave us what is expected. We would definitely go again when in Ojai.

Visited December 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My first visit to Ojai, CA was enhanced by a nice lunch at Agave Maria's! The margaritas are quite tasty! My cousin had Carne Asada salad. She said it was fresh and delicious. I had the Chicken Tortilla soup. I expected it to be watery/thin. Instead it was quite thick and hearty. Which was perfect for a cool day. (note: We were told they don't cook with lard). I'd go back again.

• Visited December 2013
Los Angeles
“VERY GOOD FOOD!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

First time at this restaurantnt even if we come to Ojai at least a couple of times a year; we tried other Mexican Restaurant before but they had an event and decided to give Agave Maria's a try.
We started with the chips and salsa along with some margaritas (the pixie ones are awesome on the rocks) and my friend tried different ones and all were very good but I'm still favoring the pixie ones...the food came withing 10-15 minutes at most and hot and tasty, their menu is extensive and we all enjoyed our meals; service was every attentive but not intrusive and I'll tell you that our second choice was a very good choice. We'll return on our next trip to the beautiful Ojai Valley!

• Visited November 2013

Been to Agave Maria's? Share your experiences!