“Delicious food with unimpressive staff”
Review of Il Giardino Ristorante - CLOSED

Il Giardino Ristorante
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Delicious food with unimpressive staff”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a delicious restaurant with a complicated menu of Italian titles. The Crème Brule is excellent and comes in a large, easily shared by 2 or more portion. The restaurant gets loud when crowded and it is hard to hear across the table. We had multiple servers at our table for water, clearing, taking orders... they were either all new or just unprofessional. They were nice but didn't fit with how fancy the restaurant tries to be.

Visited November 2012

Banff, Canada
“simple, average restaurant”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The food was fine, not gourmet, but it was reasonably priced and suited our table of 8. We sat outside and enjoyed the "views
of people and comings and goings and all in all it was was expected.

Visited October 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Good food, Fresh Ingrediants”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

An out of the blue pick on a road trip to Ojai and we were not disappointed. I had the Greek chicken sandwich which had a tomato slice. As usual, I picked it off and set it aside. Much to my surprise it looked fresh and not the usual untomato-like slab found on most sandwiches. I cut it up and ate it - very good and indeed fresh. My traveling companion's Ojai Salad had NO iceberg, only fresh garden greens and lots of seasonal fresh fruit.

Service was a bit slow, but the waitress arrived with a cup of meatball soup as an apology. NOt only have I never had that happen, but the soup was fabulous.

BTW, the smell when you walk in is wonderful and they bake their own bread which was served warm. I'll be back to try the pasta.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank bin2oz
Los Angeles, California
“Great for lunch”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My girlfriend & I stumbled across this little restaurant while looking for a place to eat lunch. OK, so the sign for $3 margaritas didn't hurt. I ordered my margarita and we shared a meal. The food was delicious, the prices quite reasonable, and the staff was great. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and experience.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank LosAngelino
Irvine, California
“Another good one!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We went to dinner there & had a lovely dinner. Service and food were great & they have a very nice outdoor seating area as well! Totally recommend thier Creme Brulle for dessert!!!

Visited June 2012