“Wish the food matched the view”
Review of Ranch House Cafe

Ranch House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Olancha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Huntington Beach, California
“Wish the food matched the view”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My corned beef hash and home fries were almost black and too salty. The eggs were OK, biscuit was stale and fell apart. Gravy was good. Portions were small. Wife's Indian Fry Bread was good. Decor and view were great - food fell far short. Won't stop here again.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Chino Hills
“$7 DOUBLE AMERICANO”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ordered a double Americano without asking price, how bad could the price be? My bad. I expected a higher than normal price, maybe $5, considering its a secluded location along US 395. They charged me $7. When I asked how the price could be $7 they said it was double the single price of a regular Americano. When I tried to reason that's it really only an extra expresso shot into an already poured cup I got nowhere. I will never stop in here again unless my car breaks down out front. But I will raise my coffee in hand every time I drive buy in the future. I guess they realize people driving north bound haven't seen a coffee stop for miles and will stumble in and pay whatever. My mistake, their profit. One more thing. It was on Fathers Day, Happy Father's Day to me.

• Visited June 2014
Orange County, CA
“Terrible...what happened?”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Over the last 3 generations covering 50+ years, our family has enjoyed stopping here en route to Mammoth for a good meal, in fact we've never had a bad meal. This changed on 6/9/2014 . My husband's cheeseburger was burned, black and crispy. His potato salad was tasteless. My turkey sandwich featured dry, stale bread. Neither of us finished our meals nor did we wish to. We were so stunned that unfortunately we left without saying anything. Has ownership changed?

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Nanawuf
Santa Clarita, California, United States
“Hungry and headed home.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just finished a nice hike at the Mt Whitney Portal. Our hike for the day took us up to Lone Pine Lake at about 10,040 feet. Needless to say we were really hungry. It was Memorial weekend and Lone Pine was looking kinda busy. So we headed south for Olancha and the Ranch House Café. You can't miss it as your driving on the US 395. It is nestled in some trees and looks very inviting as you drive up. The food was good, the people very friendly. Good place to stop and eat.
John and LynNita Ellis

• Visited May 2014
Mojave, California
“When there is nowhere else to eat-works when hungry”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Although the dessert menu is almost larger than their regular meal menu, the Ranch House Cafe is located along Hwy 385 in Olancha. It doesn't have the greatest food (I got tuna melt and potato salad) but it is the ONLY place to eat for miles.

• Visited April 2014