“Great Food and Prices, but off with the TV!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adriana's Cafe

Adriana's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Olancha
Price range: US$10 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Heading north or south on HWY 395? We are the best Authentic Mexican Food around; just ask the locals. Try our favorite chiles rellenos! Or just come on in to say hi.
Salton City
“Great Food and Prices, but off with the TV!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

You might zoom past this little diner along the highway, so look for the address or the small white brick building with CAFE in large letters on it. I was happy that they use vegetable oil instead of lard, unlike many authentic Mexican restaurants, and I noticed they offer garden burgers as well as traditional burgers. However, both my friend and I ordered Mexican meals and found the food to be very delicious. I ordered the cheese enchilada plate which offered the option of a red or green sauce. It's a small diner and pretty simple in decor which doesn't matter to me. If I could, I'd give it a 4.5; my only complaint was that the TV on the wall was fairly loud and was broadcasting a show that wasn't nice for us to eat by. I ditched the tube almost two decades ago, so I don't know the name of the show, but it was one of those late afternoon reality courtroom programs, and in the particular one on while we were eating, the judge and everyone else had harsh Brooklyn accents and argued nastily over a divorcing couple's issue regarding their dead dog. My friend, who had personally gone through a very horrible divorce, looked really glum and glad to get out of there. I probably should have asked if they would turn it off or at least change the channel, but I sort of felt like I was in their living room and the people working there seemed very interested in the show. I adore Mexican food, but this is the third time I've eaten at a small independent where some awful show was blaring on the TV and the workers were really wrapped up in it.

• Visited June 2012